7

Warinings: mentioned past Steve x Peggyc, mentioned cheating, cliffhanger...again...I'm sorry (I'm not)

Only a few days later you were driving with Natasha and Jake to the new place. Both wanted to help you move, so Jake drove a truck with some of your stuff and you drove with Natasha in another one. You 're grateful for having such great friends. Supporting you, even though you didn't feel you deserved it.

Maybe Steve's father was right about you? You were too old for Steve, corrupting him and manipulating. You were older. You should be smarter than that...but love makes you blind, right? You really loved Steve. You missed him already. Even teaching him stupid math, always explaining the same mistakes. You missed his confused expression, the big eyes glued to your lips, listening to every word you said. Even the not interesting ones about algebra and [_]. Despite not having any real dates, besides watching a movie at your place, you still enjoyed his company, the soft unsure touches, gentle kisses...his kind heart, his good soul and sweet behaviour...everything about him.

"Stop that" "what do you mean?", you grumbled back at Natasha, making her rise her eyebrows. "Stop thinking about him. You're pouting. I've never seen you pout before. It's weird" "I'm heartbroken." She looked once again at you and then back at the street.

"It's still weird tho. You haven't been like that after Rumlow-" "Because I wasn't heartbroken then. I was..broken. Exhausted. Probably also traumatised", you shook your head at the last word, thinking back to your last, very toxic, relationship. "It's completely different with Steve. Even if we had only been together for-" You shut your mouth for a moment, thinking, slowly furrowing your eyebrows while tears welled up in your eyes. "We weren't even really a couple yet." Your voice was just a small whisper. A barely audible sound.

So that's it? Your best (not) relationship was with a highschool kid, that you had taught math and only been romantically involved for twelve hours?

That's...
Sad.
You felt sorry for yourself.

When the car came to a stop you looked at the house, that would be your home for the next...you didn't know for how long.

But after meeting Aisha, a close friend of Jakes and now your new roommate, everything started off good. You got a job at the same company she worked at. It was very well paid, much better than when you worked for Scrooge aka Mr. Rogers.

At first you thought you'd only work there temporarily, until you can find something better.....and the days passed...days turned into weeks...weeks into months...
and months? Yeah...

The first few days Steve still tried to contact you, even casually asking his father if he knew something about you. Where you were or if something happened to you. The only thing he did was shrugging and telling Steve you quit. Why do you want to know, Steven? I think she was just your tutor. We can find another one if that's what you're stressed about.

Yeah, sure, it was definitely just because of math.

"Buck, I don't know what happened to her. It's like...earth swallowed her. Like she just disappeared, like-" "Yeah, I get it, but we can't do anything else, Steve", said his best friend, swatting Steve's shoulder gently. The blonde sighed.

His eyes still felt swollen from all the crying yesterday...and the day before...and the other days before that too. He cried a lot. But to Steve's defense, it was the first time Steve was really in love.

The weeks went by, shortly after he was leaving his highschool for the last time. The paper in his hand felt like it might burn him. The A in math laughing in his face.

When he saw his grades, the first thing he thought about was sending you a picture, showing you that all the efforts paid off, but...then he remembered.