Prologue - Quirkless I am Not! -

---

Izuku Midoriya developed his quirk a year later than most children. Although that could be expected, as the Doctor had told the young boy he wasn't quirkless. They had simply informed his family that they did not know what his quirk would be, or when it would finish developing. But of course, to the immature minds of Izuku's peers, when Izuku didn't get his quirk around the same time as the others, he was considered quirkless. 

Being 'quirkless' in their minds, his peers considered him inferior. Even his best friend, Katsuki Bakugo, began bullying him. Claiming unrightfully that Izuku was a "Useless Deku!" The worst part was that little Izuku didn't understand why his former friends were being so mean to him. He may have been exceptionally clever but perhaps it was too much to ask a child, barely five years old, to understand why he was being blamed for something entirely out of his control. What a surprise it was for them all when they learned their accusations, were in fact, entirely false. That the young Midoriya did have a quirk, a powerful one at that.

Yet even without one, he was surely better than his bullies. Instinctively knowing what it means to be a hero at such a young age. To protect others. After all, that's how his quirks emerged.

---

Izuku stood in front of the smaller boy, his arms spread out in an attempt to protect him. He himself had taken a fair amount of what the teachers at his kindergarten called 'teasing' from Kacchan and the blonde's friends. He knew it wasn't a nice thing at all, so he didn't want it to happen to the other boy as well. They hadn't even done anything to deserve the horrible treatment. 

"What are you doing useless Deku?! Get out of the way!" Bakugo taunted Izuku, who stood his ground between Kacchan and the other boy, whom had tears streaming down his face. Bakugo's lackeys snickered as mini explosions crackled in the palms of Bakugo's hands.
"Why are you being so mean to him Kacchan!? He didn't do anything!" Izuku stated loudly. He knew they weren't nice, but he genuinely couldn't understand why they would be so cruel for no reason!?
"Because he's almost as useless as you, Deku!" Sneered the three boys. Izuku knew the crying child didn't have a 'powerful quirk', yet he still couldn't understand why that was a reason to hurt the boy. Just like he didn't understand why they called him "a quirkless loser"  or "a useless Deku" and used it as an excuse to be mean. So there he stood defending what he believed was right as the young boy went to find his parents, still crying. 

Bakugo, naturally, was annoyed that the Deku had let the boy escape. The next closest victim was Izuku, so he decided he would pick on him instead. Izuku had known Kacchan well enough to realize he would take the boy's place, but still, he stood his ground at the playground. Izuku was a brave little hero. He could take the hits, he had saved the other boy, and that was what mattered in his mind. Izuku balled his fists, his small body knowing enough to take a defensive position.

But, oddly enough, when the blonde pounced forward once again. There were no sparks or explosions. It seemed his quirk, had just...
Stopped. 
The same thing was with the boy with red wings and the one with growing fingers. The first could not get his wings to move, and the other's fingers could not perform their task. 
Bakugo yelled in naive frustration, "Deku! What did you do!!!"
As Bakugo rushed toward Izuku, the boy barely kept from squeezing his eyes shut as he threw his arms in front of himself. Suddenly, Bakugo's explosions began to start spontaneously, and with the swing of Izuku's arms, the blonde was thrown back. 

They were shocked, to say the least, and through the confusion, a little beam of hope and light entered Izuku's mind. That small child gasped, "My quirk! I finally got my quirk!"
The feeling of elation the child experienced was enough to allow him to forget about the bullies, and he rushed away to find his mother.

Inko wasn't far away, but not exactly close enough to notice the fight between the children, as she was in a steady conversation with her good friend, Mitsuki. Though she noticed the bouncy child pulling at her skirt.
"Mama! Mama! My quirk! I got my quirk Mama!" her son said with enough enthusiasm to draw his mother's full attention. Inko quickly realized exactly what was happening, and apologized to Mitsuki before scooping her lovely child in her arms, "That's wonderful Izuku!" 
She was so relieved to see her son's excitement, smiling widely as Izuku gasped again, "Mama! We have to tell Dad and Tenko that I got my quirk." 
"I'm sure they'll be super excited, Izuku!" she told him as she hugged Izuku close.

When they arrived home, little Izuku rushed inside the house, yelling, "Dad! Dad! Tenko! Come see!" As he zoomed into the living room, Tenko followed him quickly, with Hisashi greeting his wife with a hug. He quietly asked Inko what he was so riled up about, and she responded that they would see soon.

Yet, both Hisashi and Inko gasped as they walked into the living room. Multiple objects were floating around the room, including several books, a potted plant, and an assortment of crayons. What was even more surprising was that Tenko was holding a coloring book, without his glove. All five fingers were touching the book, yet it had not turned to dust. Tenko was staring in wonder at his little brother. 

"I got my quirk! Look!" the over-enthusiastic child shouted, "I can make things move, and I can do weird stuff with quirks too!" Inko scooped up Izuku as Hisashi carefully returned Tenko's glove to his hand.
"That is amazing Izuku," Hisashi told his son, dragging them all into a hug. His little boy had finally gotten his quirk, and he was happy Izuku was happy. It was a wonderful day for them.

---

A/n: The first part of my first-ever fanfiction, of course, it's an Izuku AU, hooray :) 
Anyways, I am personally excited to write about some MHA shenanigans.
Enjoy the fanfiction!