Chpt. 5 - The Media is Naturally Nosy -

---

It was a completely normal day at UA, Izuku's class enjoying their lunches as he took notes on Lunch Rush, another hero working on the school staff. He was enjoying the regular chatter of the students as he and Uraraka also debated the best flavors of mochi. It was peaceful compared to earlier that morning.
Multiple broadcasting and newspaper companies had gathered around the UA gate. They were practically harassing staff and students with questions about All Might. Izuku did his best to ignore them, answering only the occasional yes or no question, and almost spilling his Turkish Coffee. He didn't make the thick drink very often, so that was a little frustrating, as well as since he couldn't even use his quirks to get through, as it would technically be considered illegal quirk usage. So he was basically just dragging Uraraka and Iida through the crowd once he found them, ignoring the reporters completely at that point. He was well aware they were just doing their jobs, but that didn't make them any less of vultures. Not the good kind of annoying.

Izuku and Uraraka were still arguing diplomatically over whether strawberry or chocolate mochi was better when a high-pitched alarm went off, announcing for all students to exit the building in a calm and orderly manner. They noticed multiple students around them panicking at the announcement. Not exactly in a calm and orderly manner. Izuku merely stood up as Iida asked a third-year what was happening. 

"A security breach, somebody got into UA, this hasn't happened, ever!" The third year said as he followed the crowd out. Izuku turned to Iida and Uraraka as they left as well, he honestly did not want to join that crowd, so he left in the opposite direction. Towards the windows, he was curious as to what was happening.
'What do you know,' he thought to himself, 'the vultures made it in!' 
The media was in fact wandering around the UA yard.  Izuku turned to find his friends in the crowd. He could barely spot them, but Iida had also moved to a window, and Uraraka was with him, so they had also noticed the media. Izuku carefully pulled himself up to a higher vantage point. He managed to catch their attention since he had moved to sit on a ledge on the wall where the lights were positioned. 

He pulled Iida and Uraraka up with his telekinesis as well, "Do you think they'll notice?" Uraraka shouted over the noise of the students. 
"Nope..." Izuku shook his head.
"I agree with Midoriya! For such a well-represented school, the students don't act the way they should," Iida agreed. 
Izuku nodded slowly, "We need to catch their attention and let them know they're safe, otherwise somebody's going to get hurt down there."

Izuku watched as Iida quickly began thinking and Uraraka observed the crowd nervously from where they were hanging above the chaos. Something snapped together in Iida's mind, they just needed the crowd to focus on them for a moment, and they would be able to inform them about the reality of the situation. Yelling wouldn't work, there was already too much noise. And surprisingly, so far no one had noticed him, Izuku, and Uraraka from where they were next to the lights. Then he noticed that everyone was heading in the same direction, the exit, if he could get up there, then everyone would have their eyes on him. Besides, while the class had been getting to know each other, he had been voted class rep, wasn't it his job to lead and set an example?

"Uraraka, can you use your quirk on me?" Iida asked Uraraka seriously. Uraraka nodded, "What for?" Iida then quickly explained his plan to his friends. Izuku agreed that it would definitely get people's attention. Once he was ready, Uraraka used zero gravity on Iida, and he was soon floating weightlessly above the ledge. With a determined expression, he used his engines to blast himself forward. He was struggling not to flip, so Izuku used his telekinesis to keep him balanced. 

Within the moment Iida's back smashed into the wall above the doors, everyone had their eyes on him, "Everyone! It's just the media! There is nothing to worry about!" He shouted, managing to calm the majority of the crowd. Those who didn't hear were informed by others, and eventually, the whole mob was calming down as they also noticed the reporters outside.
After that, Izuku ended up having to pull Iida down, since he couldn't get down on his own without his and Uraraka's help. They also dragged him to the nurse's office as a teacher rounded up the students, Iida had managed to hit his head hard enough on the wall that he probably had a concussion.
When he told them, "It's fine, we can go back to class, I'm sure I don't have a... caucasian," That was the selling point. Because you definitely don't get a random human when you hit your head hard enough.