Chapter Eight

The next few weeks went by normally with something seemingly odd happening here or there. About a month after camp, Chad finally approached me again.
"Why didn't you say you were dating Torri before we went on our date?" he asked sadly.
"But I'm not dating him." I replied surprised.
"You better tell him that." and with that, Chad seemingly became a ghost to me. Angry, I walked over to Torri.
"What the hell man?!" I yelled not caring who was staring at us, "Why did you tell Chad I was dating you? You and I both know that isn't happening!"
"I never said that Alice. I asked him if he thought we were. I heard it around campus." Torri shrugged.
"Don't 'Alice' me! It ruined any chance I had with him!" I began to tear up. When I looked up, I could see Torri looking extremely worried. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the crowd, away from Chad, away from everything.
"I'm sorry I made you upset Clover. I don't want to make you sad so let this be our last meeting." He slipped his free hand down and wrapped his arm around my waist. He pulled me in closer and closer until our noses touched.
"I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier," he whispered, "but, I really like you." His lips met mine and we were locked in a long kiss that I'll never forget. After what felt like an eternity, he let me go and disappeared from my life for months. I explained to Chad what had happened and he happily decided to go out with me again. My life felt so full but there was a hole. A hole that I wasn't sure I liked. None of Chad's kisses felt right and I slowly fell out of love with him. We broke up February that school year.