Chapter six

The next morning Torri and I headed towards the dining hall for our last camp breakfast of the year.

"How'd you sleep Clover?" he asked tapping me on the shoulder.

"Like a small child." I responded. He laughed a bit and asked if I meant like a baby. I nodded and chuckled too. We climbed the stairs and sat with our friends.

"Soooo, how it going with the new guy?" asked my best friend.

"How's what going?" I asked confused.

"What do you mean what do I mean, Clover?! Aren't you two going out?" asked Rinny. I look at her and then Nat who was staring as if she too where wondering. I looked in Torri's direction wondering if he had heard all the yammer about us going out but he was too busy talking to his new friends.

"No it's nothing like that, we are just rather good friends." I said looking away.

"Well whatever then." she said looking a bit disappointed. I frowned and we finished our food in silence.

"Alright students, please finish up and pack your things. We leave in a hour." barked the teacher in charge. I put my plate and stuff away and headed toward the cabins to neaten up and pack. Afterward the bus arrived and we loaded it and left camp. We had to sit three to a seat this time because the choir kids (who arrived to camp separately) was going home with us. I was sat between Chad and Torri.

"So Clover," began Chad, "what are you going to do when you get back?"

"Oh I dunno just go home I guess." I shrugged.

"Then want to catch a movie?" I looked at him astonished and nodded.

"Sure why not."

"Meet me at five then?"

I nodded and smiled.