The Sapphire City - Part 2

"Good morning," said the Gem Lord, striding towards them, a grin stretched across his beaming face, and they saw that he was dressed differently than he had been the day before. He now wore a skin tight leotard that covered his whole body, including arms and legs, under a billowing cape. "Did you have a good night?"

     "Our room was a little, overwhelming," admitted Thomas. "Our entire cottage, back in Haven, could fit into it several times over."

     "Well, when you can create as much space as you want, why not create plenty of it? Are you ready to see the city?"

     "I think so," said the wizard, glancing at his wife for confirmation. "Are we going by gem steed again?"

     "No, they're a little big for the city. I thought we might travel under our own power." He unfastened his cape from around his neck, allowing it to fall at his feet, and closed his eyes. There was a shimmering behind his back and suddenly he had a magnificent pair of wings. Each feather was a gentle orange near the base, turning to a vivid red towards the tip, creating three bands of colour along each wing as he spread them, stretching luxuriantly as if newly risen from sleep. They were the wings of an eagle, and they dwarfed the form of the man who wore them while at the same time making him look utterly magnificent, like a herald angel from the most ancient Garonian mythology.

     "Want to come with me?" he asked, flapping them gently as if getting the feel of them.

     Thomas and Lirenna stared at each other in delighted wonder. "In these clothes?" asked Thomas, fingering his jacket.

     "Well, no, you'll have to change into these," he said as two more leotards materialised in his hands. "Or you could fly in your bare skins. There's nothing like it, I assure you."

     "We'll take the leotards," said Lirenna, taking hers and noting the two openings in the backs. "Where do we change?"

     "There's nobody here to see you," pointed out the Gem Lord, sweeping his arm to indicate the wide, empty landing field.

     "Except you,"

     Thomas thought of all the times he must have seen them naked in the imaging chamber, but now wasn't the time to mention that.

     Barl evidently felt the same way. "I'll turn my back," he said. "I give you my word I won't peek."

     Thomas and Lirenna glanced at each other, shrugged and began undressing.

     A couple of minutes later they were wearing the leotards which, they weren't surprised to find, fitted perfectly. The landing field was gritty under Thomas's bare feet. Beside him, Lirenna glanced down at herself, frowning at the way the elastic garment followed every curve and swell of her body. No wonder some people didn't bother with them, thought Thomas. She might just as well have been naked. She crossed her arms under her breasts but it just accentuated her figure and Thomas turned his head to hide the grin when she hurriedly dropped her arms again.

     "No-one will look at you," said Thomas reassuringly. "I mean, they will look at you, but they would anyway, even if you were wearing your normal clothes."

     "What about our clothes?" asked the demi shae, gesturing at the neatly folded pile at her feet.

     "They'll be okay there. Nothing will happen to them. Now, are you ready?"

     Thomas's body tingled with anticipation. He remembered Tak doing this, but this was the first time he, Thomas, had ever done it. "Ready," he said.