Chapter 9

After explaining to Mr.Cashol about hiding him in the staff room next door to his classroom, I gripped my hands in Cashol's, before I tried to drag him. But I only dragged him a few inches before I had to stop and rest.

"But won't the other science teachers see me if you hide me in the staff room?" asked Cashol, as I began to drag him again across the floor.

"No....they won't..." I replied with a small grunt as I gave the teacher another tug.

"I will make sure they won't see you".

I put down Cashol's upper part of his body on the ground again and rested for another few seconds to catch my breath.

"Why do you have to be so damn heavy?" I asked, gripping her teacher's hands and began to drag him again.

"Because of this twenty five pound tail" replied Mr.Cashol, as he looked down at his five foot long merman tail, which was dragging across the floor.

I let out another grunt, as I turned a corner, around an island lab counter, before continuing my way towards the staff room door and replying back to him.

"That was a rhetorical question; you weren't supposed to answer it".

Right out of the blue, while trying to drag Mr.Cashol, I felt a quick whoosh of wind pass by me and then felt a material clip onto my chest and shoulders.

My cape?!? How did that get in my school bag?

Before I could fully process the next thought, the cape yanked me quickly into the staff room, pulling Mr.Cashol along too. Once inside, I locked the other two doors (the one that leads to the hallway and the other to another science classroom), being grateful that there weren't any other teachers in the room right now.

From there, I darted back to where Mr.Cashol was, lying on the ground; only a few feet away from the gaping doorway they had just come through. Then, the school bell rang, for the next period class to start.

"Vanessa, I need you to help me figure out how to get my legs back, so I can teach my next class" said Mr.Cashol, in a hushed voice as he craned his neck up to look at me.

I moved my gaze from the doorway down to my panicked science teacher.

"No, Cashol. That will take too long. They're going to notice that you're gone" I said whispering back.

Then I looked up at my levitating cape that was floating on the other side of Mr.Cashol, directly across from me.

"Cape, watch over Mr.Cashol and help him dry off. Make sure no one sees him" I ordered.

Unexpectedly, my cape shook its high purple collar 'no'.

In response, I furrowed my eyebrows at it.

"What do you mean no?".

My cape gestured to itself, before lifting the right bottom of it, showing me the purple side of the cape.

"Okay, fine. I'll call you that" I replied in a hushed voice, as I let out a sigh.

"Violet, watch over Mr.Cashol and help him dry off. Make sure no one sees him. Understood?".

My cape nodded its collar 'yes', before it started rubbing itself over Cashol's blue scaly merman tail.

"Wait, where are you going?" he asked in a hushed panicked voice, seeing me starting to walk towards the doorway back to his classroom.

"To buy you some time" I said, looking back at my science teacher as he watched me shapeshift into an identical copy of him.

His jaw fell open and his eyes grew as big as baseballs as he watched me give him a smirk, before I confidently entered Mr.Cashol's classroom pretending to be him.