Chapter 17

I casually walked into Manhattan high school, with an apology that was overdue to my friends Caleigh and Rachel. Yesterday I went to my doctor's appointment and had to make up a story why I had a couple of purplish bruises on both of my sides. I simply told my doctor that I fell down the stairs. After he looked at them, he said I would be good to go to school today, I just need to stay off of my sides so they can heal.

Then I had to explain to my aunt Wendy and uncle Kevin about where I've been in the last day or two, which I told them that I was sleeping over at a friend's house, studying for a science test.

I head down to the basement of the school, towards the locker section where the three of my friends hang out. Standing by her locker, was Rachel and Caleigh. They both looked in my direction, before looking away. Letting out a sigh, I cautiously approached my friends.

"Rachel, Caleigh. I totally understand if you don't want to talk to me right now, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry".

Both of my friends who had their gazes somewhere else to avoid eye contact with me, slowly moved their gazes to me as I continued.

"I-I was a complete jerk and it was mean of mw to push you guys away. I'm sometimes not aware that my own ego can get the best of me. I'm very sorry for snapping at you both. Can you forgive me?" I said, staring down at the school tile floor.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up, only to meet my friend's gazes with mine.

"Oh, course we forgive you, Vanessa. You're our best friend. Without you our friend group would never be complete".

I felt my cheeks flush red at the nice compliment Rachel gave me.

"Oh, you guys!" I replied, as the three of us went in for a group hug. After s few moments of hugging, we released each other before Rachel spoke again.

"Just remember V, you can tell me and Caleigh anything. We're here for you as much as you're here for us".

Almost anything I thought, as I smiled back at Caleigh and Rachel, before hugging them both again and murmuring a 'thank you' to them.

They're such great friends. (In the story and in reality).

I was the last student in the classroom who was still writing the science test in second period. Mr. Cashol was sitting in his spinney teacher chair at his desk, marking the finished tests

It feels weird and good to be back at school, after he had missed a few days due to him being stuck in his merman form.

Once I finished answering the last question, I checked to make sure I didn't leave a question blank, before I handed it in to Mr. Cashol.

"Thank you" he said, before placing it on top of the stack of tests that sat on the left top corner of his desk.

"Does it feel good to be back?" I asked, as I walked back to my desk to pack up my bag.

"Yeah, it feels great. I didn't really enjoy being stuck laying on my couch" replied Cashol, with a smile.

"That's good to hear. And are you managing okay with your secret?" I said, after I slung my school bag over my shoulder and looked at my science teacher.

He let out a chuckle.

"Yes, I am Vanessa. Thank you for asking".

Then he raised an eyebrow at me.

"How are you doing?".

"I'm doing okay. I'm still healing from the battle. The doctor said that I'll be completely healed in a week or too".

"That's good. I hope you recover quickly".

"Why? So, I can save your butt from trouble again?" I replied, with a cheeky smile as I began to walk towards the door.

"Yeah, you're the only one who can save me" joked Mr. Cashol, laughing along with me.

"Bye Cashol, I'll see you tomorrow" I said, as I opened the science room door.

"And you better stay out of trouble!".

"I'll try too, Vanessa. See you tomorrow" he chuckled, before Mr. Cashol heard the door close and he went back to marking tests.

Miss Marvelous: The Pitfallजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें