Chapter 12

I walked into Mr.Cashol's science classroom carrying his black briefcase with the three lessons for his classes. It has been three days since him, my duplicate and I launched a plan to get him back to normal without anyone else realizing that he's not at school.

In the plan, I have to teach as him during the day and then go to his house in the evening to get the next lesson plan/find out to transform him back. While I'm gone during the day, my cape Violet watches over him. Then I have my duplicate self to pretend to be 'me' so that my aunt, uncle cousins, friends and my teachers won't notice my disappearance.

And finally right after school, I hop into my superhero costume and keep an eye on Manhattan until dusk. Lately I haven't seen the black lizard creature that has tried to kill me (which could be a good/bad thing?!).

Thankfully, Mr.Cashol had a prep period in the last seventy-five-minute period of the day, which allows me to leave the school early.

Setting the briefcase on the mini raisable teacher desk, I took off the black heavy jacket that I dug out from Mr.Cashol's coat closet this morning. It has been getting colder recently, since winter is coming within a month. Soon I'll have to put on an extra layer or two underneath my hero costume.

I sat the coat on the back of the chair and began to unpack the briefcase , setting out each lesson plan out on the science lab counter in front of the teacher's desk, spacing them out in order so they wouldn't get mixed.

Plopping down into the tall spinney teacher chair, I logged into Mr.Cashol's laptop as him and began to open up the slideshows for the lessons. Recently I've been finding it easier to sit in tall chairs and reach high places, due to the teacher's height. Whenever I shift back into my regular form, I always forget how much taller he is compared to me.

Within a clicks, everything was ready to go. I briefly glanced down at the digital clock on the right bottom corner of the computer screen. It read 8:10am.

I still have ten minutes before the first class begins. What should I do?

Thinking about what I obviously should do, I pulled out my phone from one of the front pockets of the black briefcase and started to scroll through my social media, waiting for the school bell to ring so I could get the grade nine biology class over with.

Later that evening, I stumbled through the front door of Mr.Cashol's bungalow, exhausted from teaching. In the second period, I had to put up with a couple of snobby grade ten boys. They were troublesome.

Slipping off the black dress shoes that I borrowed from the teacher, I shapeshifted back down into myself again, in my superhero outfit.

"Mr.Cashol! Violet! I'm back!" I said, calling out to them before I walked into the kitchen to snack on something.

I was about to open the fridge door when out of nowhere, my cape flew into the room and swirled around me.

"Looks like someone missed me" I said, letting out a giggle of laughter.

Then the cape latched itself onto my shoulders and began to pull me towards the living room doorway.

"Alright, I'm going. I'm going!".

I set the briefcase on the island counter in the kitchen and walked into the living room, wondering why Violet wanted me there urgently.

The room was a disaster. There were rips and tears on both of the couches, as well as a few shattered lamps and floor lamps on the ground. It was a mess.

It turned my gaze to the three-seater couch to my left and expected to see Mr.Cashol still laying on it in his merman tail, but he wasn't there.

He's gone?! Where did he go? I thought, as my eyes went wide with fear.

I quickly turned to face my purple cape, which was now floating beside me on my right.

"Violet, what happened?! Where did he go?!" I asked, in a concerned voice as I question my own cape.

"Did he get his legs back?"

My purple cape shook its tall collar 'no', before it began to act out words for me.

Great. Cape charades.

First, the cape shaped itself into a merman swimming, then it formed itself into a person scooping something off the ground and finally shifted into the shape of a lizard.

"Are you telling me that Mr.Cashol scooped up a lizard off the floor?".

The cape shook its collar 'no' vigorously at me. It pointed at a black pillow before it shifted into the shape of a lizard and then repeated the scooping motion again.

Pillow and lizard. The pillow's black. Black lizard? No, the black salamander. And the scooping motion? H's picking up something? Taking?

As if it could read my thoughts, my purple cape shifted itself into the shape of a merman. I finally got the message.

The black salamander/lizard kidnapper Mr.Cashol!

I glanced back at my cape, with a grim look on my face.

"We need to find that heartless, coldblooded douchebag and tell him to fu-".

Suddenly, my cape put the end of its cape on my mouth, stopping me in mid-sentence.

"Right, sorry. Keep it PG for the readers" I apologized, after my cape violet released my mouth. Then I continued.

"That reptile needs to screw off because he's exhausting my patience".

Violet pointed at me, before it pointed at the front door and then down to the floor again.

"No, we can't go look for Mr.Cashol right this very minute; I'm tired and haven't had dinner. Tomorrow, you're coming to school with me and as soon I'm done teaching Cashol's last class of the day, we're going to search the city for him and the retarded lizard" I said, before letting out a heavy sigh and stepped back into the kitchen.

I ended up making a toasted poppy seed bagel with butter on it, before I inhaled the meal and crawled inti the spare double sized bed that was already made for me to sleep in. I didn't want to get into Mr.Cashol's king sized bed, only because it would be crossing a line, even though he's single.

A student sleeping in their teacher's comfy bed.

I felt a shiver go down my spine as I pulled up the thick comforter over my slim body.

Never.

I would for sure be crossing a line if I ever did that disgraceful thing. I'm only helping the teacher as a superhero.

With my eyelids growing heavy, I flipped onto my stomach and nestled my face into the soft pillow, letting myself drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow I may need to come up with three different lessons, since Mr.Cashol isn't here to-.

With the help from the poppy seeds, I fell asleep with ease, before beginning to snore softly without a care in the world.