Chapter 16

Before another word could be exchanged in between the two, Mr. Cashol felt sharp teeth dig into the large fin at the end of his merman tail and suddenly dragged him down. He quickly let got of Vanessa, so she wouldn't be pulled under with him.

As he plunged down deep under water, he could hear the faint scream of his name before water started to roar in his ears. Cashol looked down to see what was pulling him to the bottom of the tank and felt a lump of fear swell up in his dry throat at the sight.

It was an eight-meter-long killer whale. Its back was to him as it continued to swim nose down until it reached the bottom. Then the huge animal held him there, still gripping his large blue fin with its sharp white teeth.

Please go up air thought Cashol, knowing that the whale would need to go up for air.

Soon, a few minutes had passed and he was still holding his breath strongly. However the whale was noticing that he wasn't panicking, so it started to thrash him around.

Instantly, some air had escaped his mouth and he struggled to keep it closed as he was whipped back and forth repeatedly.

Just then out of nowhere, another killer whale (much bigger than the attacking one) slammed into the other orca, forcing it to release Cashol's fin. As soon as the orca released it, he took off back up to the surface, desperate to breathe again.

While Mr. Cashol was coughing up water that had poured into his mouth earlier, I began to aggressively attack the other orca, keeping it away from Cashol, since he's in danger of being killed by a five ton killer whale. Then the urge to breathe came to me and I had to swim up to the surface to take in some fresh air.

After I exhaled the stale air and inhaled a large lungful of fresh air with my blowhole, the other orca caught me off guard and leaped out of the water, collapsing on top of me. Being pushed deep under the water again, I swam out from underneath it and back up to the surface, planning on using the energy to jump out of the water to slam into the orca.

As expected, the other orca followed but it mirrored me. At the same time we both jumped out of the water, slamming into each other hard before falling back down into the tank again. I did manage to steal another glance at the audience and noticed that they were cheering and clapping, thinking that the orca battle was part of the entertainment.

I was growing tired, and unfortunately the other orca noticed too. it began to ruthlessly slam its heavy body and tail against me, leaving bruises on my sides. Becoming desperate to end the brutal battle, I opened my mouth wide and raked my teeth along the other orca's back, before I bit down deep into its thick blubber neck.

The whale suddenly let out a shrieking cry through the water, flailing its tail and fins to get away. Still locking my teeth into the orca's neck, I pushed it up against the side of the tank, pinning it in one place so the orca couldn't slip out of grasp. Guilt and sorrow made my heart heavier as I watched the whale squeal in pain.

I'm sorry that it has to be this way, duplicate. I shouldn't have created you in the first place.

The whale convulsed, before it went limp in my jaws. Letting go of the orcas, I watched as the limp body slowly rose to the surface, with a trail of warm red flowing blood trailing behind it. As soon as it emerged out of the water, it scared the hell out of Mr. Cashol, who was trending water near the side of the tank, when it surfaced. he cautiously swam closer to the dead injured whale, thinking that he could have been dead if the other killer whale hadn't attacked this one.

That was probably Vanessa thought Mr. Cashol, smirking at the thought.

Then another one hit him.

What if that dead whale is Vanessa? No, that girl is strong. She wouldn't have given up that easy he thought, pushing it away.

Right on cue, Vanessa resurfaced in her orca form, which Cashol flinched back, surprised by her sheer size.

I let out a few clicks, before I shapeshifted back into my human form again. A few moments of silence passed between us before Mr. Cashol spoke.

"Did you have to kill her?".

I nodded my head.

"Yes. It's for her and my own good".

I turned my head to look at him before adding, "We probably should leave".

Cashol nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah, really".

Me and Mr. Cashol started to swim side by side, towards the side of the tank, where a small ladder and platform were.

How did we not see this before? I thought with a smile, as I began to ascend the ladder in my drenched cape and superhero costume.