6

As the both of them slept under the quiet and starry night, Kei was abruptly woken from the squirming sounds coming from Akane

"What are you doing?" Kei wondered as he sat up.

"Did I wake you up? I-I'm sorry I just couldn't sleep comfortably." answered Akane.

Since this is the first time Akane slept on a different place, It's understandable that she would feel uncomfortable and away from her comfort zone.

"Sigh, wait there." said Kei as he headed down to the kitchen.

After a few moments, Kei went out carrying two cups of tea in his hands.

He then gave one to Akane. "Here, drink this it will help you sleep better."

"T-thank you." she replied taking the cup.

Kei then opened the sliding door of the apartment's balcony and sat outside the balcony as he began drinking his tea.

As she felt the comforting breeze of the night coming from the balcony, Akane got up and decided to join Kei.

She also sat outside the balcony with Kei while looking at the starry night with the light of the stars illuminating the both of them.

With the tea finally consumed, Akane felt a bit drowsy now as she went back to sleep, now sleeping with ease.

The same with Kei, he also went back to bed with Ruri on his side.
.
.
.
.
The next day, Kei woke up with no signs of Akane everywhere. Her beddings are all folded up with a note on top.

Kei got up from his bed to read the note.

'I left early because I need to work my shift at the convenience store, see you later.'

After reading the note that Akane left, Kei continued with his day like normal. He tidied up the apartment and checked up on his tenants.

Some time at noon, Kei decided to go to the pet shop downtown to buy some supplies and food for his cat. Upon finishing buying his necessities, Kei went to the convenience store that Akane works at.

When he arrived, he saw her working inside stocking the shelves of the store.

As Kei pushed the door, Akane walked towards him to greet a customer.

"Hello afternoon customer welcome." greeted Akane enthusiastically but the smile on her face instantly faded when she saw Kei's face.

"What are you doing here?" questioned Akane.

"Is that a question you're supposed to ask of a customer?" replied Kei with a smug look on his face.

"H-how may I help you sir.🙂" says Akane forcing a smile on her face.

"Have you had lunch yet?"

Akane was taken aback by Kei's question.

'Did he really go his way here to check up if I've eaten? That's not possible right haha.' thought Akane.

"Hey, did you hear me?" repeated Kei.

"U-uhm not yet. I don't have enough money right now." stuttered Akane.

"Can you take a lunchbreak right now?"

"Yes, I can but as I said I don't even have money to spend on lunch today." answers Akane.

"Don't worry about that, join me up for lunch my treat." said Kei.

Akane was quite surprised by this. She really thought Kei would make fun of her.

With that, Akane took a lunch break and the both of them went to a fastfood chain restaurant nearby to have their lunch.

"Thank you for this." said Akane sincerely.

"Sure."

After they ate, Akane went back to work as Kei went back to his apartment.