9

It's already late in the afternoon when Akane returned from their trip to the beach as the sun is already starting to set.

"Hehe, that was so much fun! I didn't think I would be with Jiro today!" Akane joyfully said to herself still reminiscing the fun she had at the beach earlier.

While being occupied by her own thoughts, Akane noticed Kei outside the balcony, still drawing.

"What is he doing?" asked Akane herself curious of what Kei is doing.

Akane out of curiosity went up to see what Kei is doing.

"What's up Mr. landlord." asked Akane.

"Just Kei is fine." replies Kei still scrabbling on the canvas.

"O-okay, so what are you doing, Kei?" asked Akane again.

"You have eyes, do I really need to spoon feed everything out to you?" answers Kei.

'This bastard! Can't he just be nice for once?!' thought Akane to herself, composing herself from punching Kei in the face.

Akane's line of sight then landed on what Kei is drawing. Her eyes widened when she saw the drawing.

The drawing shows Kei laying in a field of dandelions with his eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face.

"I don't understand, what are you drawing?" wondered Akane as she intently looked at the drawing trying to understand the meaning behind it.

"A lie? Perhaps, a happy ending?" said Kei.

Akane noticed the change in Kei's voice when he uttered those words. It's a mix of sadness and emptiness. Even Kei's eyes we're enveloped in sadness as he draws.

"I'm sorry, is my question too sensitive?" apologized Akane thinking she might have asked something too personal.

"It's fine." replied Kei assuring her.

Akane tried to break the tension and awkwardness between them.

"I-I'm having hotpot for dinner tonight. If you like, you can join me. Just think of it like my thank you to you for treating me for lunch back then." suggested Akane.

"Well, there's no reason for me to refuse." replied Kei.

"Cool, by the way can I have your drawing?" asked Akane.

"No." says Kei blatantly as he took his things back inside his apartment.

"Boo, that's why you don't have any friends."

"It's much better for me not having anyone close to me." replied Kei.

"I was just joking. You really don't have any sense of humor." Akane said as she pulled Kei by the hand.

"Wow, your hand is really cold." says Akane grasping Kei's hand as they went to her apartment while pulling Kei behind her.

After a short while, the two are finally inside Akane's room.

"You can let go of my hand now." Kei spoke, with Akane still holding his hand.

Akane noticed herself that she's still grasping Kei's hand and it made her embarrassed. She quickly shrugged off Kei's hand away from her. 😳

"Ow.😑 You're really a violent woman."

"Sh-shut up." stuttered Akane while blushing as she went to the kitchen to prepare the hotpot.

Akane: "Crap."

"What is it?" asked Kei.

"I don't know how to make hotpot.😅" answered Akane awkwardly.