7

"Won't your parents try to find you since it's been a few days since you've ran away from home?" Kei wondered.

"No, they already told me that if I want to continue my college I will work for it and they won't intervene." replies Akane while facing a fan to fight the heat of the summer.

The two of them are just chilling in the living room eating watermelon since it's the middle of the hot summer day.

"I see, but how long do you plan on staying in my apartment."

Akane flinched upon hearing what Kei said😅."I-I still haven't found a place to stay, you wouldn't just throw me out would you?"

"Oh I gladly would, want to try?" replied Kei.

"Please! I will really move out once I find a place to stay, just please let me stay here for a few more days!" pleaded Akane.

"Sigh, I have a tenant downstairs that will move out in couple of days. If you still didn't find a place, you can occupy that apartment space." suggested Kei.

"Really? That's great then, thank you." thanked Akane smiling wholeheartedly.

"It's beneficial for me too since I get another tenant to pay my apartment." replied Kei.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Still thanks." smiled Akane.

Kei can't help but put a subtle smile on his face in which Akane noticed.

"Ha! You smiled I saw it." exclaimed Akane.

"What, are you telling me I can't smile?"

"It's not that, It's just you don't really make any expression even in school. You always have a blank look on your face. So I'm quite surprised I saw you smile for the first time. You're cute when you smile hehe." replied Akane.

"Sweet talking me won't make your rent any lower."

"Booo! Can't you just take a compliment?

"Hahaha~"

Kei let out a suppressed laughter which made Akane's heart skip a beat.

Akane immediately turned her head away from Kei as her cheeks are currently bright red as a tomato.

'Wh-what the hell was that?! Isn't that laugh like so cute?' thought Akane to herself.

"What's the matter with you?" questioned Kei as he patted Akane's shoulder.

Akane flinched as she ran outside Kei's apartment room while covering her beet red face.

'I can't be like this! I already have someone I like!!' screamed Akane in her mind as she ran outside.

"What's wrong with her? Did a ghost possess her or something?"
.
.
.
.
A few days later, the tenant downstairs finally moved out and Akane finally have the chance to occupy the vacant room.

"At last, I finally moved out!" shouts Akane in her new room apartment after she moved in her things.

Her doorbell suddenly rang and when she opened the door, Kei is standing outside holding his hand out.

"What is it?" asked Akane.

"What else would it be, advanced payment rent." replied Kei.

"Ah great." said Akane as she handed out Kei her rent payment.

"Great doing business with you, enjoy" smiled Kei.

Akane slams the door shut and laid on the floor while looking at the ceiling.

"Just when I finally moved out, I got no money again!😭" cried Akane as she drowned in her tears.