20

I sat on the sofa, and Arthur didn't acknowledge me. All he did was look at me slightly before looking away. "Sorry, it's just I was expecting my—"

The door began knocking, and all of us turned. "Brothers were coming..." he spoke. My eyes widened, and I felt a little excited. Mr. Scotland! It seems the universe is working in my favor, after all. Arthur quickly wiped his hands on himself, and the boys watched him as he rushed to the front door.

"Hey! We ran into Portugal right now. I suppose it is expected to see other people when the meeting is at your place," Ireland laughed. I could hear shuffling from the door and watched how the boys looked as if bracing themselves. Arthur's brothers tended to smother them, but I always thought it was cute. It made me feel that we were in this odd family.

"BOYS!" They cheered. I saw Mr. Wales nearly jump Matthew and Mr. Ireland nearly jump Alfred. The two had begun to shake them, and it made me laugh. "Mr. France? What a surprise seeing you here," that hunk of a voice spoke. I smiled, seeing him, and quickly stood up. "Scotland! It is nice to have someone acknowledge me for once," I laughed. He was about to stick his hand out to shake mine, but I only pulled him in for a hug.

"It would be hard to ignore you, Mr. France. You seem to light up the room," he smiled. He was always so nice to me. Arthur never liked it.

"Please, not in my living room!" Arthur demanded. He pushed past us, and I smiled at Scotland. "Have you upset him again?" Scotland asked. We had stayed in the corner and talked, and I could catch a glimpse of Arthur staring.

"When don't I upset him? It is tradition."

"Ah, join the club in that case."

We both started to laugh, standing to the side. Scotland and I have been allies against Arthur for a long time. However, there was no doubt how nicely he would treat me, and Arthur knew. "I hear from the...birds...that you and Arthur have made up," he said. I laughed at what he said, shaking my head. "Well, it is hard to get along with someone when Portugal doesn't let me."

"Ah, I know of their...weird relationship; it surprised me but didn't."

I nodded in response and looked slightly at Arthur. He pretended he wasn't trying to watch us, but it was apparent. "Well, weird is an understatement. They are always together, and it is annoying," I spoke. He smiled slightly at me, nodding. He looked as if he were thinking about it. "Well, I hope it isn't causing you too much trouble. Unless...you have feelings for my little brother," he teased.

I laughed at what he said, the best kind of fake laugh I could do. "Yeah! Funny! What a great joke. That little gremlin deserves Portugal. Two psychos would get along well," I laughed. Scotland nodded with a smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Well, that is good to hear; maybe we should go out and catch up? Maybe after the meeting? Or later tonight?" he asked.

Oh...

OKAY! That was easier than I thought!

"I couldn't say no to you," I laughed.

"Me either."

Scotland touched my hair a bit, and I wanted to scream. SCREW ENGLAND! I am down for his older brother!

"EXCUSE ME! What is it that you idiots wanted? You are wasting my time!" Arthur snapped. Scotland and I turned, and everyone stopped as he stood up. He was glaring at all of us, looking pissed. "Come on, let's sit before he gets more annoyed," Scotland whispered. I laughed at what he said and followed him toward the sofas. However, Arthur pulled me as I tried to sit next to him.

"Honestly, it is annoying when you waste my time! Sit over there!" He demanded. I was a bit taken aback by his request and could not help but look at Scotland, who was trying to laugh. Arthur forced me to sit away from everyone on this small step stool, which wasn't enjoyable. Was I in punishment or something?

"Now! What is it?" Arthur looked at everyone.

"Well, We came to surprise you! Maybe we can go out to eat tonight?" Alfred started. He gave Arthur a puppy dog look, forcing Matthew to join in. "Fine, and will you be going?" Arthur asked, looking at me. I was about to say something, but Scotland interrupted.

"He and I are actually going out tonight."

"YOU ARE?!" Everyone asked except for Arthur. He sat there looking pissed. Arthur was glaring at his brother, then turned to look at me. "You are going out? With my brother?" He asked me. Scotland smiled at me, and as much as I was scared of Arthur. This was a little funny. He was being so hypocritical for caring when he was around Portugal constantly.

"Yes..."

"Well, No, you aren't!"

"Huh?!"

"Did I stutter?"

Arthur looked at everyone, annoyed, and his brother looked like he wanted to punch him. "Why not? He didn't agree to do anything else," Scotland added. However, Arthur looked like he did not care. "No, he didn't...But Francis promised me a long time ago that he wanted to have food with me, so I think I take priority in this situation," He hissed.

Okay...things were starting to get worse.

"We can go tomorrow; I want to catch up with Scotland. It isn't a big deal."

"I didn't ask you; I am telling you that you owe me!"

"Eh? We can go tomorrow!"

"I want to go tonight!"

"FINE! Scotland, how about tomorrow?"

"EH?! SERIOUSLY?!"

Arthur looked at me so pissed, and Scotland looked like he wanted to say yes,' only to make the situation worse. "Yeah, let's do it! And if we can't make it tomorrow, we will find another time. I am willing to visit France if you want," Scotland laughed. Ireland and Wales looked at him, shocked, and England looked like he wanted to hit me as I smirked at him.

"Hmm, Maybe Portugal would be willing to keep you company?"

I smiled at Arthur, and he finally shut up. "Fine...Whatever you say," he glared.

"Well...that is our cue to leave..." Ireland spoke. Wales pulled Scotland to leave, and he only waved at me.

The boys looked at me nervously, and I felt bad. "Huh...Boys...can you excuse us for a moment? We will see you in a few hours at the meeting," I said. The boys nodded quickly, and both gathered themselves.

They left soon after, and Arthur and I were silent and alone. Great...well...this sucks...