Cutscene

I woke up in a rustic wagon, confused as to where I was at. A grizzled man sat next to me, gazing at me intensely.

"Hey, you, you're finally awake."

I shook my head, trying to relieve some of the pain in my jaw.

He spoke again, "You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us and that thief over there."

His words made no sense to me. My ear and jaw were both gaping and throbbing painfully.

"Damn you, Stormcloaks. Skyrim was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy." The voice of a child carried over the wind and into my dry hole.

The voice sounded oddly familiar.

I tried to shift to relieve some of the pressure and noticed I was bound to the wagon. I looked to my left and noticed a child perched upon the seat like a vulture. His arms were bent strangley.

That's when it hit me.

He was one of the children that absolutely annihilated me in the first chapter. Rage filled me. I would not allow literal children to make a mockery of me.

I felt the anger sweep over my body, filling me with a warm, tingling sensation. My entire body started to shake violently.

In a burst of extreme strength, I broke through the bonds of the chains holding me to the wagon. Everything happened so fast.

The next thing I remember is lying, wounded in the middle of a thick wood. My hands were furry, and it wasn't the gloves. I had a tail, and it wasn't the one I tried on at the Disney souvenir store. I had sharp teeth, and they weren't little plastic ones.

I gazed at my stomach in shame. Only 15 abs were showing through. I hadn't felt this embarrassed since that public bathroom visit with my cousins, but that doesn't count.

I was a wolf.

I was terrified.