Chapter 3 - The Train

I awoke looking at my surroundings confused. It was 5:30. The time I would normally get up at in my district.

How did I get here?

The memories of yesterday flood back in a rush.

Oh

I get up and walk to my closet gasping softly as I open the doors. There was so much clothes I've never seen so much different fabrics and colors at one time. It was incredible. There was deep lilacs and popping pinks and dandelion yellows that seemed to be pointing to the sun as though they were real dandelions. it was all intense.

I find a pair of black leggings, and I scavenge the dullest looking forest green shirt I could find. Perfect. I sighed. I open the bathroom door and my mouth lay gaping because of the extreme amount of button and options. I look to find an instruction manual and I sigh gratefully. I skimmed over the important details; temperature, smells etc.

I turn on the water and tamper with it until I get the perfect temperature mixture that cooled my skin, but kept me from getting too chilly. I strip my clothes after locking the door and I jump into the shower. I message my hair sighing happily. I rarely get showers so I felt content. I push the button and a mango sent washes over me. I finish scribing my hair and I jump out of the shower. I was momentarily confused to where the towels were then I remembered that I had to press a button for heat.

I walk over into a capsule looking spot and I press a button immediately being heated up by a rush of heat coming from the walls.

I place my clothes on lazily, and I brush my teeth. Got to keep up good hygiene... even if I'll be dead within a few weeks.

I place my hair in a single messy bun and I walk into the food lounge. The clock read 6:15. I look to see that everyone on the train is asleep but the avox. I've heard about avoxes before, so even though I wanted to I said nothing to them. They prepared an amazing smelling breakfast as I sat on the seat by the counter watching them cook the food.

Half an hour passes and Arianna enters the room with a small smile. "Hello Hannah, what are you doing up so early?" She questioned. "In my normal schedule I am used to getting up early, so here I am." I look toward my mentor, and she gave me a nod, showing she understand exactly what I meant and she sat beside me. We started talking strategy to get sponsors for about half an hour and the boys Joseph and Jeremy walk in. They were discussing something about what types of food they were planning on eating, and they stop short looking at us before continuing their conversation talking beside us.

Arianna and I share a look before chuckling softly at the two boys as they discussed the menu for the next few days. The avox paced the large buffet of breakfast around us and I didn't know where to start. I grab some toast, and I pour myself a glass of milk. I was planning on still rationing my food. I don't need myself getting used to eating a lot before whatever arena I'm going into. I look toward Jeremy and I have to stop myself from laughing when I see that he pulled his plate sky high with eggs, pancakes, eggs, waffles eggs, fruits, eggs, bacon oh and did I mention eggs. Man this guy must love his eggs.

Jeremy looks at me confused, "what?" He states looking at me as I cover my mouth holding a smile. "Nothing.. it's just that... I think you should try the eggs you don't seem to have any." I chuckle softly but I -luckily- managed to stop myself short and make it a cough. Arianna was chuckling softly, and Joseph looked at me trying as well not to laugh, but he held a cheeky grin nonetheless. Jeremy rolled his eyes as he continued to scarf down his food like a pig.

When I finished what little food I had for breakfast I sat in the lounge car looking out the window. I smile softly at the scenery, but I was stopped short when I saw we were nearing the capitol.

Jeremy walks in excitedly, "look! Look! It's the capital!" The 15 year old acted as though he was but a twelve year old as he held his hands on the glass his face inches from the window. I chuckle softly at the sight. This boy was weird but it didn't stop me from liking him a bit. If only I met him earlier...

Joseph comes in follow closely by Arianna they were discussing something softly about us, and they glanced at us softly. I gave them a small smile, i dropped it when they didn't return it. They looked at Jeremy and then back at one another. They continue to talk silently and then they both sit down across from me. Joseph coughed silently to get Jeremy's attention. Jeremy looked at Joseph and he sat down in a chair beside me.

"So you know that we are nearing the capitol so we should discuss the schedule for the next week with the both of you." Arianna stated in a monotonous tone. "Once we get to the station you both will be sent off with your stylists to get ready for the tributes parade which will be held tonight, the three days after that you will be training with the other tributes for about 4 hours during the day, you will then get your scoring after the days of training it will be individually done. After about 2-3 days of waiting in your rooms you will get it, you will then have your interviews, and the next day you will be sent off to the games. Any questions?" Arianna looked at both the tributes silently. They both appeared to have gotten everything and Arianna smiled softly.

"It will be a busy few days so make sure you sleep well, train hard and eat plenty, knowing Jeremy you won't have trouble with that last one." Everyone smiled softly at this, but Jeremy who looked offended as we all burst out laughing at his dumb facial expressions.

The train starts to slow down, and I look out the window to see that we have arrived at the capitol. I let out a sigh softly. Joseph puts a hand out. "Everyone put your hand in the middle," everyone does so, smiling softly. "Ok on the count of three say district ten for life!" Joseph smiled softly, "one. two.. three..." everyone says district ten for life with a smile. "You kids better get to waving at the people you will need all the sponsors you can get" Arianna states smiling softly.

Hannah and Jeremy walked over to the door as it opened, they both still had real genuine smiles from the mentors bright spirits. They both waved and blew kisses to the crowd. They gained loud claps and smiling people. Peacemakers showed up and led the two tributes with the coaches following them to the building.

Wow these people look so crazy with their colorful bodies. Hannah realized that many people had different colored skin and eyes, not normal but colored. There was reds and blues and green. Not dull but bright. So bright it would give someone a headache.

District one people are weird...

-1281 words-