Chapter 7 - Training day 2

Hannah awoke, from a calm sleep in which she remembered no dreams. She got dressed in the correct clothes and she walked out. There stood Joseph and Arianna talking with Jeremy in the living room area. I heard snippets of their conversations, they were talking about survival tips.

"Hey Joseph mind giving me a few for good luck?" I chuckle softly. "Sure." Joseph stated, he looked a little surprised that I was there. "You have to know the main three's. It goes in this order. You can't survive without air for three minutes, you can't survive more than three hours in extreme environments with no protection, You can't survive three days without water, and finally you can't survive about 3 weeks without food. Of course these are just estimates, and it is different for everyone."

I nod showing I understood. I had already knew these, so he must be holding back. But why? I grab a protein bar and a fruit from a tray on the table, and I eat slowly.

When I was finished with my small breakfast I walked with Jeremy to the elevators. I press the button and the door closes. I only just realized that I have not been hanging out with Jeremy that much. In fact I knew Marvel and Glimmer more then the boy from my own district. I'll have to make time out of my training to get to know him better. I thought as the door opens.

I almost walked out but then I realized that it was just district two, and for some reason district one as well. Probably talking tactic, they are careers after all. I smile softly at Glimmer and Marvel. "Hey how are you guys this morning?" The door closed. "We are pretty good just talking tactics." Glimmer stated. I knew from Cloves face that Glimmer wasn't supposed to tell me this. I chuckle softly.

I talked to the district one tributes softly, standing beside the boy from 2. I figured that out only when we were leaving the elevator. I never really noticed the boy, and it didn't bother me all that much. A lot of the other female tributes were flirting with him, and that was alright. I don't really feel anything toward the taller boy.

I walk with districts one and two's tributes. We walked in a sort of silence as we enter the training area. There was a few tributes there already. I didn't know any of them that much so I just walked with districts ones tributes. I walk toward a type of course, and it looked like I was able to race another tribute. I smirk toward Marvel, and when I looked at him he already had a look that mirrored mine. "Wanna do the honors m'lady." I state chuckling softly when I saw Marvel curtesy. "I will do it with you my lord." Marvel said in a high pitched voice. Clove looked at us like we were insane but her and her male tribute, along with Glimmer, stood next to the course. Watching us.

Me and marvel get to the starting point. Atla says the rules. The usual, "no hurting other tributes" rules. Marvel and I smirk at one another as Atla starts the timer.

3

I sigh deeply shaking my body softly and then getting into a sprinting position, surveying the obstacles ahead.

2

I look at the first obstacle. Easy monkey bars they had about a 5 foot distance between each one though. I survey and look at the next obstacle it was a easy rock wall, but it was about a 50 foot climb, no help and no restraints. Great. I look at the final obstacle it was a beam suspended in mid air. About a 5 inch width. I smile softly, I was always told how good my balance was.

1

I strain my eyes on the first task. I zero in and I keep loose on my feet.

Go

I bounded forward immediately hopping onto the monkey bars. I cross to the next few with ease, but I was small. Marvel on the other hand seemed to pass through the monkeys bars with ease, and beating me to the wall. He smirked back, but it didn't last long once I got to the last ring and hopped down softly, running to the next obstacle.