Chapter 5- The Parade

Hannah and Jeremy walked together through the halls with two peacemakers walking beside them like dogs. Probably to stop us if one of us decided to run. Thought Hannah softly, shaking away the thought if she were to be shot.

Hannah and Jeremy walked through doors, the smell of livestock filled my nose, and I smiled softly remembering life back at home. I look around to see twelve carriages each with two horses of different breeds. Most drafts, but not one house looked the same within the districts.

Hannah and the boy walked toward where the peacemakers half shoved half directed them to a dark brown charriot that looked to be made of a rich walnut. I walk over to the horses. They were two dark brown Andalusian horses. And they were absolutely breathtaking. You could tell they were well taken care of. They had rich coats and heathy manes.

I brush the barrel and back of the horse, smiling softly at the horses. I felt the look of someone and I look around to see a girl looking at me. She looked to be my height maybe a little shorter. She hard dark hair and freckles. She kept a neutral look on her face. I nod in respect, and I walk toward my coach's that Jeremy was already with.

"... you will be out for barely any time at all." Arianna stated calmly. "Oh and makes sure you smile and wave until your sore and your cheeks hurt." Joseph said. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "Hey guys when will we be starting?" I asked, making conversation. "We will start heading out in about 20 minutes. You may talk to other tributes, but don't get to comfortable." Joseph stated calmly. "Ok, Jeremy care to join me?" Joseph shook his head. "I wanna talk strategy some more." I nodded my head and I walked to the closest chariot to me.

It had tributes that were dressed with feathers. They were solid pink. They looked like flamingos.

"Hello." I state calmly toward the tributes. "Hey!" The girl spoke with a high pitched voice, it was annoying if I'm gonna be honest with you. "What district are you from?" I state making conversation. I also wanted to know which district would possibly want to be represented like talking flamingos. "We are from district 1." The girl stated. That makes sense. "My name is Marvel. This is Glimmer." The boy tribute, Marvel, stated. I smiled softly and I shook both of their hands. "Pink is definitely your color." I smile softly shooting a compliment toward Glimmer. The girl smiled brightly. "Thank you! And your cowgirl get up suits you!" You can tell she wasn't a compliment giver. But I needed the alliance.

"Thank you Glimmer! Would you mind if I trained with you both during training?" I hope they do. I need some tips I'm not much good without my bow and knifes. "Sure you can train with us, as long as you don't try to kill us." Marvel did an attempt at a joke. It wasn't to funny but I let out a light laugh. "Deal." I smile softly as the announcer went off. The two tributes climbed onto their chariot. "See y'a" they both stated. I nod my head and I mount my chariot with Jeremy. 

I bite my nails softly. I haven't done that in years. I used to be a big nail bitter, but I learned to controlled it. Great another problem that I have again. I sigh softly. I wasn't much nervous since their wasn't much room for error. The chariots slowly leave. Chariot 1 dismissed.. chariot 3 dismissed... chariot 9 dismissed... and before I knew it the horses pulled our chariot out and we were in the peoples eyes.

They people cheered. It was loud. Way louder then what I would have lived. It looked to be thousands of Capitol people that came to watch. It made my stomach twist. I didn't know there was so many. I swallow and I place a smile on my face. I start wave to the left and right sides. I tipped my hat and I blew kisses to people as I passed by. I caught a rose and I put it between my teeth, tipping my hat and winking in the direction it came from. A huge cheer erupted from that whole side. It was to easy.

Soon though we lost all the attention. District 12 gained it. I look behind us. They were on fire. They were LITERALLY on fire. I kept a straight face as I mutter a soft "woah" and before I knew it all the tributes were stopped in front of a huge balcony. I stole a glance around the tributes one of the male tributes, who I didn't know what district he came from. Shot me multiple looks, he was partnered with the girl that was looking at me before, they were dressed in what looked like to be gladiators.

Carlos pov:

I stole a glance at the girl once again, I did it quick and as secretive as I could. She wore a green dress that fit her body shape perfectly. She also wore a black cowboy hat that made her green eyes pop more then it already did. She was was good looking, I had to admit it.

Wait.. no..

She wasn't she was an enemy... a competitor. Someone I would have to kill sooner or later. Plus she doesn't even look that good. She wore a dress that was an ugly shade of green. Yeah.. ugly... very ugly.

I look back forward again once I realized the girl caught me looking at her.

Hannah's pov

I look back up at the man that looked to be as old as time was finishing his speech.

"Happy hunger games! And may the odds be ever in your favor."

Next thing I know the chariot was wheeled out, and me and Jeremy were with Joseph and Arianna again. "That was great! Way to work the crowd!" Arianna stated with a small smile. I smile softly toward my mentor. "Let's get to our room shall we? I am pooped." Joseph states jokingly, earning a playful eye roll from Arianna.

The four of us enter the elevator. It consisted of the tributes from 11 and their mentors. It was a tall burly boy. He was taller then Jeremy and way more muscular. He was intimidating not going to lie. What threw me off was that they were wearing overalls. I could never take people seriously when they wore overalls

I look down at the girl. She was small. She must have been 12 years old. She had a small built and little to no meat on her. She reminded me of my little sister, a lot. She had freckles and beautiful curly hair. I look down at her. She looked adorable in her overalls. "Hey." I state softly toward the younger girl. I heard a mumbled "hello" from the little girl. I could tell she was shy. "I like your halo, you look like a beautiful princess with it on." I smile softly down at the little girl. The boy looked at me confused but still protective over the younger girl. "Thank you." The girl said a little louder then a mumble like from before. "My name is Hannah. What's your name it probably is just as special as you are." I say nicely toward the younger girl. "My name is rue." I smile softly, the girl was talking now, a little soft, but she was talking. "That is a beautiful name rue, absolutely beautiful."

I smile softly, and I look up at the boy. "What is yours?" I state calmly. "Thrush." He states, he wasn't warmed up to me. I could tell. I could tell he was also very protective of the girl. I nod. "That's a cool name as well." I state and the door opens. "I hope to see you two at training." I state nicely and I exit with Joseph, Jeremy and Arianna. When the door was closing I heard a quiet "see you" probably from the little princess, rue, I smile softly.

The place we were in was huge, well I considered it huge. There was plenty of space everywhere. "This is where we are to be staying. Jeremy your room is in the hallway to the left. Hannah yours is to the left. If you guys need me I will be in the kitchen scoping out the foods." Joseph walked away, I rolled my eyes at his back walking to my room.

I take a shower placing on a sweater, and a pair of pants. I get out curling up into a ball in the bed. I smiled softly thinking about the district 11 and 1 tributes. They were nice and I hoped that we could be ally's. They would be good. I feel into a sleep that consists of nothing but dreams of home.

- 1506 words-