Chapter 7 - Let The Curing Begin

"What's up, Peter?" Electro, also known as Max, appeared in front of us. He had lightning bolts coming off of him. This guy looked powerful. "How do you like the new-new?" Max asked, referring to his new look. "Look, you give it to me, I'm gonna destroy it. But I'll let you live. Don't make me a murderer, Peter." We put our masks on and started to begin our plan.

Peter 1 was swinging around with the box in his hand. "Okay, guys, here he comes." Peter 1 warned us. "Hey, Max, I missed you, man. Ho!" Peter 2 said before swinging upward, avoiding Electro's bolt of electricity. "Alright MJ, heads up!" Peter 1 caught his girlfriend's attention and threw the magic box at her. "Got it! Close it." I glanced over at them, while swinging, and saw Ned try to close the portal, but miserably fail. "Uh, Ned, it's not closing." MJ said. "Close it, Ned!" My brother shouted, becoming nervous. "Yeah, I know." Ned said. "Why isn't it closing?" MJ asked. "I don't know." Ned shrugged while trying to close the portal again. "Did you close it before? No?" MJ questioned. "No. I mean, I've opened some." My senses went off again. Then I heard a loud and deep roar. The Lizard.

"Max, Max, Max. Can we talk for a second? Just you and me, just talk?" Peter 3 reasoned. "Look who showed up. My old friend Spider-Man." Max said. "I'm trying to save you. That's all I ever wanted." Peter 3 spoke. "You're not trying to save me." Max denied. "I am." Peter 3 tried to make Mac believe him. "You ain't even the shit no more." Electro said. Peter 3 put his head down. "Oh..." "Don't worry about me. I'll save myself. Burn up!" Electro shouted as he threw hits electric bolts at Peter 3.

"Aah! Whoa!" Peter 3 exclaimed as he swung away from the bolts. "Well, I got his attention. Now what?" "Okay, great. Just fyi, lizard guy's here too." Peter 2 warned us, while the Lizard grabbed ahold of his foot. The Lizard growled and roared, as he and Peter 2 slammed into a tower crane. "Guys, comm check. Hello?" Peter 2 tried to catch our attention while climbing up the tower crane, with the Lizard chasing after him.

I started to hear flapping sounds. I looked out to the dark sky and saw a bat rapidly flying towards me. Morlun. He landed on the scaffold ledge in front of me. "Hello, Parker. Haven't seen you in a while. How's the family?" He smirked while asking. I just gave him a death stare. Not that he could see through my mask. "How's your daughter?" I threw back. His smirk dropped into a look of anger. One second longer and we ran towards each other, throwing punches.

I got him right in the face before he grabbed me by my arm and threw me off the scaffold. I swung around underneath him and came up on the other side. I flew straight at him, kicking his stomach, knocking him off the scaffold like I had. A few seconds later he flew back up with his normal appearance, but with his bat wings. His claws extended, and he flew towards me, trying to scratch me, deep in the ribs. I dodged it and ran off the scaffold, trying to get him to chase me, instead of fighting. "Oh, is the Spider-Woman scared?" He cackled, and came towards me, as planned.

"I need Max's cure!" Peter 3 said. "I need Morlun's too!" I added, swinging around, avoiding Morlun's shots of life force absorption. "Yeah. I'm on it." Peter 1 said. "Peter, I need the Lizard cure!" Peter 2 shouted while avoiding the Lizard. Peter 1 looked at him. "Uh, okay, okay." He said before he was grabbed by a huge fist made of sand. Sandman.

"Where's the box, Peter?" Sandman asked. "Flint, we could help everyone!" Peter 1 tried to convince Flint. "I don't care!" Flint shouted. Peter 1 shot a web onto the tower crane, but it was torn apart by Peter 3 swinging by. Peter 3 shot another web, which attached to Peter 2's face, and gave a chance to the Lizard guy, to throw Peter 2. He crashed into me, making us fall into the scaffold. "Sorry!" Peter 3 yelled to us.

Peter 2 who was now sitting up beside me, ripped Peter 3's web off his face. "Gross!" I stood up from where I fell. "You good?" I asked Peter 2. "Yeah, you?" He repeated my question. "Me too." I said. We jumped off of where we were, continuing our plan.

"Sad to tell you, Sandman, nobody's going home." Electro said while throwing an electric bolt at Peter 3. But missed, and broke the tower crane. The crane came crashing down, into Sandman's arm, and holding the Lizard and Morlun down, underneath it. Peter 3 was swinging away from Electro. Since they were getting a little too close, I decided to help a little. I swung over to them and jumped onto Max. I tried to pull the arc reactor he had on, off. But before I could reach it, he threw me off him. Electro shot his electricity toward us. It pushed us onto the scaffold, like Peter 2 and I just had been. "Again?" I lectured myself. "You ok, Penny?" Peter 3 questioned me. I nodded my head. "Yeah. Are you?" "I'm ok too." Peter 3 said.

Sandman regathered himself, swirling his sand around the statue and scaffold. I start gasping for air, from asthma. I took my mask off and took a second to breathe. I ran towards the other three Spider-Men, standing between Peter 1 and Peter 3. "What the hell is going on out there? I keep yelling at you, Peter 2! Peter 2! Peter 2!" Peter 3 asked. He lifts Peter 1 off the scaffold floor. "But I thought you were Peter 2." Peter 2 said. "What? I'm not Peter 2!" Peter 3 shouted in a high-pitched voice. He gave him a strange look. "Stop arguing, both of you! And listen to Peter 1!" Peter 1 interrupted their argument. "We're clearly not very good at this." Peter 1 said. "I know, I know. We suck. I-I don't know how to work as a team." Peter 3 admitted. "Me neither." Peter 2 said.

"I do. I've been in a team, okay? I don't wanna brag, but I will. I was in the Avengers." Peter 1 said. "The Avengers?" Peter 2 asked. "Yeah." Peter 1 confirmed. "That's great!" Peter 2 shouted, with excitement. "Thank you." Peter 1 thanked. "What is that?" Peter 2 asked. I was thinking the same thing. What is Avengers? Is it a sports team name?

Peter 1 gave us a weird look. "You don't have the Avengers?" "Is that a band? Are you in a band?" Peter 3 questioned, impressed by him being in a band. "Are the Avengers a sports team?" I asked. "No, I'm not in a band! And no, it's not a sports team!" Peter 1 told us. "No, the Avengers is the Earth's mightiest-" Peter 1 tried to explain before Peter 2 interrupted. "How's this helping?" He shouted.

"Look, it's not important. All we gotta do is focus, trust your tingle, and coordinate our attacks. Okay?" Peter 1 told us while pointing to his head. "Yes. Okay. Let's pick one target." Peter 2 agreed. "Right." Peter 1 said. "We take them off the board one at a time." Peter 3 added. I nodded my head along.

"You got it. Okay, Peter 1, Peter 2." Peter 1 said pointing to himself and Peter 2. "Peter 2." Peter 2 said his name, making himself remember. "Peter 3." Peter 1 pointed to Peter 3. "Peter 3." Peter 3 repeated, while shrugging his arms. "And Penny!" I added in, pointing to myself. They looked at me weirdly. "What? I wanted to be included." I spoke, looking at them. They nodded their heads and smiled.

"Alright. Let's do this. Ready?" Peter 1 asked, preparing himself. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" Peter 3 yelled for us while putting his hands on mine and Peter 3's shoulders. Peter 3 looked at all of us before speaking. "I love you guys." I smiled at him. "We love you too." I replied, speaking my truth. I honestly did love them all. Even if it was such little time knowing them. It still felt like I'd known them for a long time though. "Thank you." Peter 1 and Peter 2 thanked Peter 3. We all smiled at each other.

"Alright, let's do this." Peter 1 said. "Let's go." Peter 2 spoke. We all pulled our masks back over our faces. We ran to the edge of the scaffold and jumped off. The four of us whooped and cheered while falling. "Yes!" One of the Peter's shouted. I couldn't tell who.

We shot webs around the scaffold. Peter 1 shot three webs for us to pull ourselves around. Peter 2, Peter 3, and I grabbed the webs and swung. We all shot a web to the scaffold and pulled ourselves higher into the air, preparing to land on the Statue of Liberty's head.

Peter 2 landed to the right, Peter 3 to the left, and Peter 1 in the middle, in front of us. I landed in the middle, behind all of them, into one of the triangle things, on the crown of the statue. We landed in a pose. Peter 2 had his legs and hands on the crown. Peter 3 landed with his feet on the crown, but his hands up and out. Peter 1 had his feet and one hand touching the hair of the statue, and his other hand behind him, in the air. While I had my right knee on the crown, the left leg bent up, with my foot touching the crown. My right hand was touching the statue, with my left hand in the air, behind me, like Peter 1. We stared up at the villains that were now lined up in front of us.

Let the curing begin.

************************************************
AN: Almost done! Yay! I'm super excited! This will be my first completed fan fiction!

Hope you liked Chapter 7!

Word count: 1727