Chapter 9 - I Need You

Peter 3's pov

I heard a thud before I landed on the ground. I placed MJ and Peter 4 on the ground. I took my mask off and looked out for Penny to see where she was. I saw straight ahead, her body, no movement. I saw one of the scaffold poles sticking out of her left leg. A pool of blood was formed around her body.

I killed her. No, no, no. Not another one. I killed Penny. I couldn't save her like I couldn't save Gwen. I didn't catch her. And now Peter 4 was going to be alone when he gets back to his universe. I took the only thing Peter 4 had left. I took his sister away. His last family member alive, was now dead. I'm a murderer. I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"What's wrong?" Peter 4 asked, looking up at me. I couldn't make eye contact with him. He saw that I was looking ahead, so he turned around to see what I was looking at. He froze, as he could see the same sight I could. "I'm sorry, Peter." I told him, as I placed my hand on his right shoulder.

"Penny. No, Penny!" Peter 4 screamed. He rushed towards Penny, and fell to his knees, beside her dead body. "Penny! Wake up! Please!" Peter 4 bawled. He wrapped his arms around her head. Cradling it, as if he were to let go, she would be taken away from him. "Please, Penny." He pleaded. MJ saw Penny and Peter 4, and slowly made her way over to them. I followed behind.

I made my way to the other side of Penny, kneeled beside her, and grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry, Penny." I whispered to her, silently crying. I looked up and saw Peter 1, Peter 2, and Ned, standing in front of us. They weren't moving. They just looked at Penny. Out of shock, and mourn. It's all my fault.

"I'm sorry, man." I apologized once again. This was my fault. He slowly looked up at me with a hateful expression. Heavy breaths came through his nose. His fists were baled up in tight fists, making his nails cut into the skin, drawing blood. "You killed her!" He yelled and stood up. He jumped over Penny's body and started punching me. I didn't try to stop him. I deserved it.

"She's dead!" Peter 4 cried, and slowly stopped punching me. Instead, he wrapped his arms around my neck and became loose, as he couldn't hold himself up anymore. He let out the most heartbreaking scream. I held him, and let him cry into my shoulder. I rubbed his back. "I'm so sorry, Peter." I cried along with him. In the corner of my eye, I could see Peter 1 swing up in the sky, towards the Green Goblin.

Peter 4 leaned back over to Penny, went back to the other side, and held her free hand. "Please, please, please Penny. Wake up. Please." He whispered in between sobs. "Penny, I need you." He admitted, before giving up the idea of her being alive. He brought her hand against his chest where his heart was. He didn't stop sobbing.

The other two Peter's and Ned came to kneel beside Penny's lifeless body. They let out silent tears, as I had done. I brought her hand to her stomach before I felt it twitch.

Penny's pov

I could hear everything. I could feel everything. But I couldn't move. "No, Penny!" I could hear my brother shout. His footsteps became louder, which meant he was coming towards me. "Penny! Wake up! Please!" My brother begged. I felt hot drops of water fall into my face. His tears. He was crying. Was I dead?

My head was then embraced by small and skinny arms. "Please, Penny!" My brother pleaded. I tried to wake myself up, or at least give my brother a sign that I was alive. But I couldn't. My body wasn't listening to my brain.

I felt two other presences come near me. I couldn't make out who they were, but they just kneeled there beside me. I felt one of the people grab my hand. "I'm sorry, Penny." I heard the human whisper to me. He sounded familiar. Peter 3?