Prologue Two: Lavender Haze

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

The person you are trying to call is currently unavailable. After the tone-

I sigh and press the end call button on my phone.

Kuni isn't responding to any of my attempts at contacting him.

How strange.

"Kazuhaaaa he won't answer." I whine to the white haired boy sitting on my bed.

"Perhaps he is busy? It might be in your best interest to not pester him." Kazuha suggests.

I sit down on my bed as well and rest my forehead on his shoulder.

"But it isn't like him to completely ignore me." I say. "Besides, what could be be busy with? He stays at home most of the day since he became Makoto's editor."

"You don't know that. He could be out doing something. Or he could have placed his phone on silent while he works." Kazuha reasons.

"I swear if he's not answering me because he's being all lovey-dovey with Heizou I'll bonk him on the head." I pout.

Kazuha smiles and pats me on the head.

"Now now, don't do that. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he did that whenever we showed our love for each other." He says.

"Mmmmnnn fine." I say.

Suddenly, my phone rings quite loudly, causing me to jump.

I almost trip getting off the bed and snatch my phone from the dresser I put it down on.

Is Kuni finally answering me?

"Well?" Kazuha asks as I stare at the caller id.

I silently shake my head as I answer the call.

"Hello?" I say.

After a little while of the person on the other line talking, and after they hang up, my phone falls from my hands onto the carpet.

Kazuha stands up from the bed, concern painting his face.

"What happened?" He asks.

I take a deep breath.

"That was....the Inazuma Police Department. They say...they say Kuni went missing yesterday."

===Timeskip===

"Scaramouche, you can't be serious." Kazuha says.

"I am. No one in the Police Department is willing to look for Kuni, so I have to. He's my brother. I can't just leave him missing." I say.

"Then I'm coming with you." Kazuha says in all determination.

"What? No! You can't. What if Kuni went missing because of a horrifying conspiracy? You could die!" I say.

"You could too, if that's the case. I'm coming with you and I'm not letting you refuse." Kazuha says.

"I-" I start.

"I'm. Not. Letting. You. Refuse." Kazuha says.

"But if you die-" I start.

Kazuha cuts me off by pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I said I'm not going to let you refuse. Is your first assumption on how things are going to go really just me dying?" He asks.

"N-no." I stammer, flustered from the kiss.