Chapter Two: Nonchalance

I let Topaz lead me further into the building until we finally reach a door that leads to what I assume to be a lab or something.

She opens the door and I follow her inside.

"You're being oddly compliant." Topaz notes.

"I think the word you were looking for before was self-preservation. And no, I have none of it. I do not care what you do to me." I say.

Based on experience, people tend to not care much about you if you accept whatever they do to you.

They just get bored of you.

And I love it.

Besides, it also gets people so ridiculously angry at me and yet they can't do anything to me because they're too concerned with how I'm managing to care so little.

Topaz grins.

"Then you'll be having lots of fun with me today." She says.

I nod.

Huh.

Her pupils are shaped like thin stars.

That's odd.

Topaz leads me inside her lab thing place.

I don't know.

Actually, now that I think about it, it looks more like a doctor's office.

After closing the door and locking it, she pushes me to the ground.

I fall on my back, hitting my head on the hard ground.

"Ouch... What the hell was that for?" I ask, rubbing the back of my head.

"So you can feel pain... interesting...." Topaz says.

"Why the heck would I not be able to feel pain?" I ask.

"Because of....hmmmm, actually, I'll just tell you later." Topaz says with a wink.

"You could have just asked me, dumbass. I only lie when it's imperative to my safety or the safety of those I love." I say.

"I wanted to see you feel pain for real." Topaz says with a wide grin.

She grabs me by my neck and forces me to stand against a wall.

She then attaches things to my legs and arms, preventing me from moving.

"I don't think this aligns with doctor rules." I say, my arms beginning to hurt from being help up by something tied extremely tight.

"What do you know about doctor rules? Wait, what do you mean by doctor rules?" Topaz asks.

"You know. What doctors standardly do." I say.

"I see. You're the dumb twin." Topaz says.

"Hey, my Kazuha loves me for it, so it's fine." I say with a smile.

Topaz scoffs and walks over to the far wall.

The next thing I know, she's stuck a butterfly needle into my arm.

"I'm going to take your blood. I do hope you don't mind." Topaz says.

"All of it?" I ask.

"No, just some of it. You won't die." She says.

"That's oddly nice for someone who clearly wants me dead." I retort with a smile.

"I might want you dead, but Akechi doesn't, and she's useful to me, so I can't kill you. Yet." Topaz says, flicking my nose. "Oh and, the pain will kick in in about a minute."

The Undesirable Experiment (KazuScara)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara