Chapter Four: Would You Believe They Experiment On People? In a Lab?

My blood runs cold as I stare at the person in front of me.

My heart seems to try and tear itself from my chest in opposition to the strange being in front of me.

The strange being that looks exactly like me.

Tears well up in my eyes and my throat closes up.

Topaz smiles.

"An interesting reaction." She says.

Ugh, I wish I could hit her right now or something, just to wipe that stupid smug smirk off her face!

"W-what did you do?" I ask when I finally regain the ability to speak again.

"Oh, you know, cloned you." Topaz says nonchalantly.

"Cloning is science fiction!" I protest.

Topaz raises an eyebrow.

"You have such a lack of imagination. And here I thought you were the more open-minded twin." She says.

I glare at her.

"Keep talking and you'll regret it." I say coldly.

"Oh? Really? Kabukimono, you know what to do." Topaz says.

Quick as a flash, I'm held up in the air by my neck, my 'clone' tightening his grip.

The weird thing is he's the exact same height as me, I'm very short, and yet he's still holding me a good ways off the floor.

Guess his arms are really long.

Does that mean my arms are really long considering he's apparently my clone?

But, I digress.

"Let go of me!" I say, decently unsure of what to say in this situation.

Have you or a loved one ever been in this kind of incident?

You know, being held in the air by your neck by a supposed clone of you?

My guess is no.

And don't argue with me, you know I'm right.

This 'Kabukimono' only glares at me, his purple eyes dark.

"He won't do anything unless I tell him to." Topaz says.

"That's terrible!" I say as Kabukimono's grip tightens around my neck even more.

"Stop trying to be a little protagonist of the good side. You're not." Topaz says smugly.

"Let's imagine for a second that this is some kind of anime, shall we? Or we could go the boring route and imagine this is a book. What are you going to do? Experiment on me for the next few chapters slash episodes?" I ask.

Topaz grins.

"That's right. And then you become the antagonist." She says.

"So I am the protagonist of the good side." I say.

"Ugh. You might've won that battle, but you'll lose the war in due time." Topaz sighs.

"Can you tell him to put me down? His grip is so tight it's starting to make the sides of my head hurt." I say.

Topaz's eyes light up at my words for some reason.

"Hmm. Tell me Scaramouche, how does it feel to not need to breathe?" Topaz asks.

"Not need to breathe? What are you-" I stop as I realize something.

This 'Kabukimono' has had this iron grip around my neck this whole time, meaning he's essentially choking me.