Chapter One: Revelation

When I finally open my eyes once more, all I see is darkness.

I do feel cold floor beneath me however, so I don't think I'm dead...

"You're finally awake?" An unfamiliar feminine voice says, surprising me.

I sit up suddenly and whack my head against something hard.

"Oh dear... Don't sit up so suddenly." She says.

I grip onto my head.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I ask, hoping my eyes will finally adjust to the darkness surrounding me.

"I am...you can call me R. As for where we are...I am unsure as well." She says.

"R? Like the letter?" I ask.

"Yes. Now if I may ask, what is your name?" R asks.

"I'm Scara. Scaramouche Shogun." I say.

Hey, I'm already trapped with Archons knows who, who cares if they know my real name?

Brown haired woman did.

Speaking of the two females from last night....(at least, I assume it was last night.)

"Do you know who captured me?" I ask.

"There names are Topaz and Akechi, brown and pink haired respectively." R says.

"Um, can you tell me your real name? Refering to you as 'R' is kinda hard." I say.

"You've never had to say my name yet. What do you mean referring?" R asks.

"Uh... internal monologue?" I try.

I hear R give a short laugh.

"You're funny. I like you. Ah, it's been so long since I've been able to be a part of human society. My name is R. Nice to formally meet you, Scaramouche Shogun, especially since you initially thought I was an enemy." R says.

Deja Vu runs through my body for a reason I don't know.

"Did that make you...feel anything?" R asks almost dreamily.

"Are you trying to flirt with me or some shit? Because I've got a boyfriend." I say.

And he's the best person in the entirety of the world, even above my brother and his husband.

"I didn't mean like that. After I said that sentence, how did you feel?" R asks.

"Intense Deja Vu. But what do you mean I initially thought you were an enemy?" I ask.

"You felt Deja Vu? Really? Then it is real!" R says excitedly.

"Context please?" I ask, beginning to feel overwhelmed.

In my defense I still can't see who I'm talking to.

I have no idea what R even looks like.

"Scaramouche Shogun...what do you think of time travel? Do you think it will ever be possible? Do you believe engineers and scientists will be able to create time machines?" R asks.

"Huh? Time travel is science fiction." I say.

"You are correct. That is because the past, the present, the future...they all exist at the same time." R says.

Wait a damn minute, this is starting to get interesting.

"Elaborate?" I ask.

"Think of a scenario like this... You own a cat. One day you let that cat out and it gets hit by a car and dies. You, engulfed by sadness and guilt that you could have saved it but didn't, you travel through time back to that morning and stop the cat from dying. Wouldn't that mean you never had a reason to go back to the past from the future in the present you created, meaning the past you also created would never have existed, meaning that cat would still be dead?" R asks.