Chapter 12- Salute

A/N guys May didnt write this but she let me use her signature get over it

Riley POV

When we got to the bottom of the stairs i suddenly felt hunger. That was normal since i have barely had anything to eat lately and i realized i lost a bit of weight. Oh well, i guess i'm going to gain it back. I also felt a little, no scratch that, i felt really nervous about tomorrow. As we sat down, i became a bit silent. My mom smiled at me, trying to be strong for me. Her and Gerard had a nice conversation and i can tell she likes him.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here. It's very kind of you." He said.

I took a bite of my spaghetti and so did Gerard. He looked a bit surprised.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked.

"It's just, I haven't had a home cooked meal in years and this, this is absolutely delicious and i am not just saying that to flatter you Miss James."

My mom blushed at Gerard's nice words. It really was good, and she was happy. He ate all of it, and i could tell he was saying the truth about not having a meal cooked at home in a long time.

"Thanks Gerard, and you can call me Melissa. I'm going to go change into my pajamas and i'll be right back." She said before getting up and putting her plate in the sink. We both finished and did the same thing as her, putting our dishes in the sink. I then went and grabbed a sponge and as if he knew what i was doing, Gerard grabbed the dishwashing soap.

"Oh, you don't have to help me." I told him.

"No please, i insist, it's the least i could do for your mom after she took me in. I mean, we should all help her around the house." He said.

"Okay, thanks for helping. I rinse and you clean."

He nods in agreement before picking up the first plate and scrubbing it clean. He then hands it to me and i run it under the sink. I then dry it with the napkins. (A/N I didn't know what they are called so yeah)

We continued this for about 10 minutes and then sat on the sofa to watch TV. My mom always takes forever to change. She usually gets distracted by her other clothes and puts outfits together or chooses what she's going to wear the next day. That or she gets distracted by her phone.

"Mom, what's taking you so long you have been up there for hours!" I jokingly say.

"Girl, hold on I'm adjusting my weave it takes time." She says in a fake Ghetto accent.

At that, Gerard and I burst into a huge fit of laughter. My mom comes down the stairs seconds later wearing some basic black sweatpants and a long sleeve lilac top. If you haven't realized it yet, my mom acts like a total teenager. She's pretty young too. 34 years old to be exact.

"So. I'm gonna go do the dishes and i guess i'll come back here if you don't mind." She said, but more in a question tone. Gerard and i exchanged a look and smiled before saying,

"No we don't mind."

She goes into the kitchen, stays there for a minute and then comes back.

"Okay, either there is a ghost who likes to do chores around here or you guys did the dishes. Either way, thank you so much!"

She comes up to us and gives us a hug. Then, we all turn our eyes to the screen.

"So, what do we watch?" She asks.

"Full house?" I ask while shrugging my shoulders.

Everyone nods in agreement and i choose that show on Netflix. This is gonna be a long night.