Chapter 8

Y/n's Perspective

.
.
.

Slurp—

A soft exhale rings out as Akali pulls the tea cup away from her mouth. I sat down next to her.

I was—

Sitting.

Next.

To.

My.

Idol.

Akali: "Y/n..."

I flinch at her voice before turning to look at her nervously. She looks down for a moment, before lifting her tea cup.

Akali: "This tea is really good..."

I take a deep breath as the compliment reaches my ears. My heart begins to beat faster and faster, against my wishes.

I try to speak.

Me: "..."

No words left my mouth.

I sigh to myself before pulling out a small note pad I use for communication.

I scribble out a small thank you to her.

Me: Thank you, it's a nice lavender tea I recently bought.

She hummed in acknowledgement before sipping on the tea again.

The room went quiet once more, the awkward tension bringing my stress levels all the way up to eleven.

Everything is okay!

Even if I can't make conversation, I can still turn on the television!

I pick up the controller next to me and turn on the Tv for her.

Her attention locks onto the television screen, for the moment my plan succeeded.

A silent sigh of relief exits my mouth.

Akali took another sip of her tea before setting it down on the table.

Akali: "Y/n..."

My head snaps to look at her.

She reaches into her pocket, pulling out a colorful object. My eyes fixate themselves on the object as she opens it up.

I realize, that it was a wallet, her wallet.

She pulled out a few bills, each with a hundred marked in the corners. She extends her hand with the bills to me.

Our eyes meet, both her and I understood what the intention was.

All I did was walk in my own home.

Her hand looks daunting from my perspective.

I don't deserve anything for that.