Chapter 12

I didn't forget this story ya big babies.

Okay, okay calm down.

I take several deep breaths as I try to keep track of everyone.

Akali is over there in the ramen shop.

I look to my right.

Ahri and Kai'sa are shopping for clothes.

I look behind myself.

Evelynn is busy looking at some laptops.

That only leaves—

Seraphine: "Having trouble?"

Seraphine popped up from my side, and I feel myself tense up.

Her eyes widened as she got closer.

Seraphine: "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

She grabs a hold of my arm and rubs it over the suit.

Become loose.

Become water.

Slowly, I begin to losses up my body, and with a few deep breaths, I'm back to normal.

Me: "i'm fine... it is a lot to keep track of... but I can handle it..."

She frowned.

Seraphine: "Akali is the only one that moves around a lot, so you should keep any eye on her the most."

She turned around.

Seraphine: "Actually, I'll go with Evelynn, to make it easier for you to keep a lookout."

She gave me a small wave as she walked over to where Evelynn was.

I continue to monitor where everybody is, but I make sure to take heed of Sera's advice.

I glance at the ramen shop and see Akali looking at something.

She heads out of the store and begins looking at small decorations, the ones you would mail on the wall as a good luck charm.

I turn to look at Ahri and Kai'sa, who now seemed to be choosing clothes.

Kai'sa held a purple hoodie in her hand and showed it to Ahri, who nodded and said something I couldn't hear.

I look back at Evelynn and Seraphine. Sera seemed to have helped Evelynn pick out a laptop.

She was in college before, so I guess it makes sense she would know the good laptops.

I turn to look for Akali near the decorations and...

Huh...?

She wasn't there anymore.

I begin to glance around the area to see if I could find her but had no luck.

I turn around fully and look at the ramen shop to see she wasn't there.

Oh no.

I now begin to frantically turn trying to look for the young pop star.

Where—

???: "Y/n."

I turn around quickly to face the voice. It was Akali, and she was holding something up for me to see.

After getting over the initial surprise, I see it's a small necklace with the face of a black cat.

I observe it for a few moments.

Did she get it for me?

Her hands drop a bit, surprising me once more. When I hear her heels hit the ground, I realized she had been tiptoeing to reach me.