𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

"𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲

𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝."

- 𝐋𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐖𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐊𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧

There is a moment of silence between us.

We sat across from each other again. Our food is in front of us. Expensive looking food.

I sit silently, staring at the food on my plate. The only thing that came into my head was the amount of money it costs. Other than that, I could feel his eyes on me. Watching. Staring. Touching every inch of my body with his eyes as if I'm something so amusing that he can't take his eyes off.

"Are you going to eat or are you just going to just sit there and stare at your food, angel?" he says, breaking the silence.

I flinch slightly at his sudden words.

"Or... could it be that you want me to feed you?" he asks in a teasing tone.

I shake my head, picking up my fork. "I'm not paying."

Silence.

I'm eating the steak he ordered for me while he's just watching me with widened eyes.

"What?" He questions, baffled.

"I'm not paying." I replied, chewing on the meat.

"My god..." Zayn said in a low voice before he chuckled. "Grace, I wasn't going to make you pay... The bills are on me."

I looked up at him, continuing to eat. He laughs before starting to eat his meal as well.

After finishing our meals... After he paid for our meal, we both walked out of the restaurant.

We were standing outside the restaurant. I opened my mouth, about to say something. But then...

Bzzt!

[Kyle:

1 New Message.]

Kyle?

I looked up at Zayn while trying to recall anyone I've met with the name 'Kyle' before.

I heard Zayn clear his throat. "Kyle Cameron if you've forgotten." he says, stealing a glance at my phone.

My eyes widened at his words.

That's right. Kyle. Kyle Cameron. Kyle as in my older brother.

But why is he contacting me after two years? We were only able to keep in contact back in high school. I can't blame him. We only got separated because of our parents' divorce.

"How did you know that's it that Kyle?" I asked, tilting my head a little.

"Because he's one of the two guys you talk to and he's the only Kyle amongst them, angel." He answers, rubbing the back of his neck. "Looking back, I just realized how lonely you were back then." he adds, smiling a little.

"So, are you going to open his message or just keep staring at the notification?" he asks as his head tilts slightly to the side.

"Open it, of course! He's still my brother!" I scoff, pressing open the message.

"Dad wants to see you... So, why don't you come see him for one last time? And I'm assuming you're wondering why I'm contacting you now, after two years of no contact, I had to change all my contact information due to some problems... I'll see you once you've arrived at The Carson's Estate.