𝑆𝑖𝑥.

"𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧,

𝐈𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡."

- 𝐤𝐳𝐬𝐡𝐱𝟏

𝐙. 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

I spare a few to several glances at her while I try to keep my eyes on the road and not her sleeping form. She's fast asleep even after claiming to not be tired. How stubborn can this woman be...

I gripped onto the stirring wheel while running my free hand through my hair. We arrived at the manor after a short while. I saw mom standing outside. A worried look on her face.

I parked near the gate, unbuckling my seatbelt. I looked at Grace, turning off the engine. She's still sleeping. I smiled before getting out of the car and walking over to her side.

My mom walked up to me. "Where on earth were you? I thought that something might have happened to you since you usually arrive home at 8:30 P.M at most." She said in a soft tone.

"I'm sorry, mom... I was out with my wife." I gave her a warm smile, opening the passenger's door.

"Wife?" She questioned, her eyes widening. "What's with all this nonsense? You're suddenly married? To whom and how?"

"One moment, I'll show you." I told her, leaning down to pick Grace up.

She looks at me then at Grace before giving me a smile. "You must've gotten lucky this time. I still remembered how much she tried to ignore you when you both were little." she says. "She looks very different."

"Different, how?" I ask, looking at Grace before looking back at my mom.

"She looks like she finally has her big girl's pants on." mom jokes, nudging me.

I let out an awkward laugh before trying to change the topic. "Mom, you aren't feeling well these days. You shouldn't be outside at this hour, especially when the wind is picking up, you'll catch a cold."

She just lets out a small, hearty laugh. "I'm fine. I just stepped out a few minutes ago."

I just sigh and walk her back inside while holding Grace tightly in my arms.

My mom went off to her room and I walked up the stairs and off to my room. I laid Grace down on the bed and tucked her in before changing my clothes and laying down beside her. I looked at her for a moment as she slept.

"Goodnight, angel." I whispered, feeling myself smile like an idiot as I watched her sleep. I let out a sigh before moving closer to her and turning off the night lights. I shut my eyes and eventually fell asleep.