𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

"𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐲,

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐧."

- 𝐤𝐳𝐬𝐡𝐱𝟏

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard noises coming from somewhere. I slowly sit up, just to get pulled back down onto the bed by a very firm grip on my shoulder behind me.

I glanced around just to realize; I was in Archer's bed.

"Stay still." he mutters, looking down at me. He sits up and leans his back against the headboard, a book in his hand. "How are you feeling?" he asks.

"I'm okay... just a small headache." I sigh.

"I told you not to drink too recklessly, but you still did it anyways." Zayn utters, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Why do you care? If I'm too stubborn for you, then just get another wife." I scoff, sitting up.

He cocks his head and raises a brow. "Well, I think I quite like you." he smirks playfully as he leans over, towering over me.

"Archer, if you're saying this for some mere attraction then—" I murmur, meeting his gaze.

"It's something beyond attraction, Grace. I'm desperate." he utters. "You were drunk yesterday. So, I'll have to settle my score with you today." he breathes.

He leans closer to me, staying silent before bursting out laughing. "I'm just kidding!" Then he paused. "Not the part about how I felt towards you though. I like you quite a lot." he chuckles.

I exhaled before letting out a sarcastic laugh. I was holding my breath the entire time. "You're so funny, Archer..." I rolled my eyes at him before getting off the bed.

"A new set of clothes has been prepared for in the bathroom, change into them once you're done showering!" he calls out.

"Got it!" I replied, walking off into his bathroom. The clothes he prepared for me were casual. Unlike his usual taste. I quickly showered and slipped on the clothes before walking back to the bedroom.

"I need to go meet a friend. I'll be back in the afternoon." I told him, grabbing my purse and slipping on my shoes.

"Let me drop you off. I need to get to the company anyways." he suggested, getting ready himself.

I thought for a moment before nodding. "Be quick."

After a few minutes, he finished getting ready and walked me out of the manor and to his car.

The drive was awkwardly silent.

He drops me off in front of the café I was supposed to meet Ella and Lucas in and mouths, "Call me once you're done." Before driving off.

I felt like a child being dropped off at school by her parents.

I entered the café, looking around to find Lucas waving me over. I walked over to their table and sat down. "Zayn said he likes me." I told them.

"I— He— What?" Lucas spat out, almost choking on his coffee. "What happened 'Hi' or 'Hello' or even 'Good morning'?" he says, looking at me up and down. "I'm judging you if you can't tell."

"Okay, so, wait, so, how did you know he likes you?" Ella questions, eating her sandwich.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean— like— you know, did you take you somewhere last night and surprised you with chocolates and flowers along with some shitty ass poetry or something? Zayn does not seem like the affectionate type at all." she says. "And hellooo? What happened to marriage of convenience?"

"Oh," I raised my brows, surprised before biting my tongue a little and answering, "No. It wasn't like any of that."

"Then what?" Lucas asks, half amused.

"Well, he just told me earlier this morning."

"No, he didn't." Ella gasps.

I stayed silent and just nodded. He did.

"So— That man just straight up tells you. 'Hey, I like you a lot.' Something like that?" Lucas says, running a hand through his hair.

"Yes."

"Well, he's boring." Lucas and Ella spoke in sync.

"What did you say though?" Lucas asks, leaning closer and listening with curiosity written all over his face.

"Well— I didn't give him an answer." I told them, fidgeting.

"Man, this shit is bananas."

We ended up spending the whole morning talking about it like a teenage girl's gossip group...

Archer drives me back in the afternoon, taking me to his bedroom before speaking, "Since you'll be staying with me from now, I'll move your things here." His tone is much sterner and more serious compared to the one this morning. "Oh, and one more thing, tomorrow, get yourself ready by evening. You'll attend the event with me as my wife. Not as Miss Carson but, Mrs. Archer." he states.

I nod.

"The dress is prepared for you in the wardrobe." he adds on. "Make sure to behave when we get to the event, don't be too stubborn and actually listen to me."

I nod again.

"You're oddly obedient this afternoon. Are you still thinking about what I said this morning?" he says, squinting his eyes while looking me up and down.

I smiled, shaking my head. "No, I was going to tell you. I'm heading out this evening."

"Are you going to drink ag—"

"No." I cut him off.

He sighs and nods. "Don't come home too late."

Just a small hangout with some friends back in high school...