𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟.

"𝐀 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬,

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲."

- 𝐤𝐳𝐬𝐡𝐱𝟏

"She's dead," I finally told him. "because of a rare heart disease. She's died around eight years ago."

His eyes widened after I answered. "I'm... sorry for having you go through so much at the age of fifteen." he says, looking at me apologetically. "I thought that..." he stops.

I don't need your pity.

"What?"

"I thought that you both would've been alright even if I left your mom." he laughs loudly, but somehow this action alone seems to have caused him pain.

"What do you mean, Mr. Cameron?" I ask, my voice dropping low.

"My dear... I'm sorry for not telling you or your mother. I have a chronic disease. The doctors haven't been able to find a cure or treatment for it yet... I thought that if..." he stops, takes a deep breath before speaking again. "If I left your mother, she wouldn't have to deal with me. I didn't want to be a burden to her."

I stayed silent as I took in his words. So that was it all along?

"Then, why did you take Kyle with you?" I question.
Father laughs, then stops for a moment before laughing again. His eyes seem to be speaking differently from his actions, they look like they're in pain. Grieving over something that wasn't supposed to happen.

"I wanted to leave Kyle with you and your mom but, he knew about my illness, and he followed me." he sighs, coughing a little.

"I see, then—"

I got cut off when my eyes spotted the heart rate monitor.

His heart rate is rising on the monitor, at one point, it was unstable, it wasn't long until he started coughing violently.

I was about to reach out and help him, but I got pulled back by Kyle. I looked at Kyle, confused, but he just shook his head and stared at our father. Before I even realized it, there were doctors and nurses already rushing into the room. Kyle leads me out of the room with Zayn following behind.

"What's wrong with him, Kyle?" I ask, concerned, and confused.

No answers. The tension between us is palpable.

"... Lunch is ready. Why don't you go wait for us in the dining room?" Kyle suggests. "Zayn and I have some things to talk about." he adds on before turning away.

Zayn looks at me for a moment before turning away and following Kyle off into a hallway. I watch as they disappear into one of the rooms at the end of the hallway.

A maid guided me to the dining room and sat me down while I waited for the two to finish their talk. After about half an hour, Zayn and Kyle walked into the dining room. Their expressions were relaxed. They took a seat at each of my sides.

"Did you wait long?" Kyle asks, leaning back against his chair.
I shake my head. "No."

Kyle just smiles before drinking his glass of water.

"Oh, and also, me and Grace are married." Zayn suddenly speaks, flashing us both with a charmingly bright smile.

Kyle chokes on the water before staring at the both of us in disbelief. "You're joking." he gasps dramatically. "No way, absolutely no. Is it real, Grace?"

"Uh... Surprise!" I laugh awkwardly.

"Did he brainwash you into marrying him?" he questions, and I just shake my head.

A moment of silence falls into the room.

"Well, I need to attend a friend's birthday party later in the evening..." I speak up.

"I'll come with you." the two say in sync before glaring at each other.

I nod nervously before eating the food on the table. We ate lunch in silence. Kyle kept shooting Zayn confused and resentful glares while Zayn just gave him smug looks.

After lunch, Kyle led me to a bedroom, telling me it was my bedroom before rushing off to finish his work in his office, leaving me and Zayn alone in front of the room, in the middle of the hall.

"Why do you want to come with me to the party?" I asked him. "Are you going to find another woman to toy and sleep with just to satisfy your primal needs?"

"No, I want to go wherever you go." Zayn answers. "Besides, if I do need someone to sleep with, I have a wife now after all." he jokes, smirking playfully.

My heart almost melted. Never in my life have I heard such sweet words coming out of a man's mouth. I wonder how many women he had seduced with his words alone.

"Okay." I nodded slowly.

"Don't forget to send me the location, see you later." he says, walking off with his hands in his pockets.

I sent him the location right after he left along with a small message.

"Don't you dare wear any formal attires to a damn casual party, Zayn Archer."

I walk into my room and lay down on the bed before falling asleep instantly when my head sunk into the soft pillow.

[5:15 P.M.] Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes ripped open when I heard the alarm go off, I didn't even realize I've been asleep for hours. I turned the alarm off before getting off the bed and headed into the bathroom. I took a quick bath, the soap Kyle bought for me in this bathroom smelled like jasmine. It's soothing.

After the bath, I quickly walked over to the wardrobe. My eyes widen in surprise when I open it. It was full of clothes. I just picked out a random dress and slipped it on.

I packed a few things into my purse before heading out of the room and walking off to the living room to find Kyle already there waiting for me.

"Took you long enough. I was about to fall asleep." he says, crossing his arms.

He's wearing all black. Black button-up shirt, black pants, black belt.

At least, he looks good in them.

"It's not like we'll be that late anyways." I told him, putting on putting on a pair of black ankle strap heels.

"We're using my motorcycle to get there." he replied, handing me a motorcycle helmet.

I stared at him for a second before taking it. "Are you trying to kill the both of us?"

"I know how to drive it now... not like before... we don't talk about what happened during high school." he cleared his throat.

Back in high school, he drove his motorcycle into a pole...

"You're one of the main reasons as to why I have trust issues." I sighed.

"Come on now, kid." He rolled his eyes, grabbing my wrist and leading me out of the house, to where his vehicles are parked.

I put on the helmet as I watched him get on the motorcycle, starting it. I got on after him.

"Hold on tight, pufferfish." He said in a low voice.

"Kyle Cameron, if you dare ride fast, I'm going to jump off of this motorcycle in the middle of the road!" I yelled out as I felt the vehicle starting to move.