The Start of Fall

"Man, that class was boring." Groaned the person that stood right beside his desk, waiting for him to hurry and pack up.

"Don't be a little bitch about it, Walli. It's just until the school year when it'll all be over." Purpled replied with sarcasm coating his voice. He didn’t like the class either, but just mocking his friend for hating it was pure enjoyment.

Stepping out of the English class, they were greeted by a familiar with red roses in her hair. Her outfit consisted of a cropped white sweater striped with pink down the sleeves, a lighter pink plaid skirt just above her knees, and a pair of Converse.

"What's up Hannah? Raising his hand in a greeting gesture. "What's with the change of clothes all of a sudden? Had a change of heart?" Purpled snickered, smirking just a bit.

Hannah lightly hit him in the arm and walked on ahead, angrily crossing her arms to her chest. "No, I didn't have a change of heart. Not like I would need to," Mock annoyance laced her voice, "Just thought I could try a different set of clothes for once." She smiled, turning around to face the two.

"Where are we going?" Walli spoke up, changing the subject entirely. He stuffed his hands into the front pocket of his light blue bear hoodie. Purpled was also wearing a hoodie, except it wasn't a bear and it was purple. Of course it was purple.

Hannah took the lead despite already being in front of them both, "There's this café that me and Boomer like to go to almost every summer, usually just for hanging out with friends, just thought you guys would like it too." She spoke with delight.

Wallibear smiled and caught up to her, "Do they sell cookies? I'ma get myself a cookie." Walli mumbled under his breath, but everyone heard regardless.

Purpled shrugged, "Is the coffee any good? Or-" picking up his speed to not get left behind. "It lives up to your standards." She grinned while taking a right.

It wasn't cold and it wasn't gonna start being cold. He may have started to wear his hoodie and sweatpants a little too early, but there was no going back now. Walli was dressed kinda the same, except he was wearing black shorts for some reason.

Hannah stopped at a building and opened the door for the both of them, before following Purpled right behind.

The place looked decent, the lighting was nice, some kids were sitting in dark corners with headphones in, most likely listening to music, the inside smelled nice too, probably because it was literally a café.

"You guys can go and find a seat, I'll order for us, my treat." Hannah turned away towards the front counter.

"Alright!" Walli scanned the area before actually finding a seat and gesturing Purpled to follow him. The spot was nice, dimly lit, enough to make him fall asleep if he really felt like it.

Walli rested his head in his hands, elbow on the table, he sighed deeply while looking in Purpled's direction. Sitting right across from him.

"I have an essay due in a week. I'm probably just gonna procrastinate." He sounded tired, but it was a type of 'waking up too early' type of tired. Purpled was also tired, but it wasn't that type of tired, it was more like exhaustion. He refused to sleep at night or take naps during the day,  also refusing caffeine or monsters, he just couldn't bring himself to sleep. No matter how tired he was.

Purpled shook his head and didn't look up to meet Walli's gaze, instead finding the table more pleasant to look at. "You should just finish it, or you could write like one paragraph a day, I don't know, It's better to just get it over with." Purpled gave a nonchalant shrug, not realizing the confused look Walli gave him.

"I didn't know Purpled, the man that doesn't give shits, was good at giving advice, even if it still kinda sucks." He mumbled the last bit, Purpled still heard it tho and lightly punched his arm. "Oh, shut up." He chuckled.