Over A Spilled Coffee

The first week of school was finally over, and Purpled felt better,  well,  slightly better. He leaned back against the couch, with a deep sigh escaping his lips. No one was currently home at the moment, just him and his pet, Dog champ. Punz went to his friend's house earlier, probably spending the night or something.

He was immediately startled out of his thoughts by a loud notification filling the room. Checking who it was, he saw the familiar name, Wallibear.

Walli> yo I don't think we can hang out today or tomorrow.

Purp> that's fine. Maybe we can after school or something, next week is possible.

Walli> then it's settled, family issues going on right now, I can tell you tomorrow.

Walli> talk to you later though, bye!

Purp> alright, buh bye.

Purpled shoved his phone back into his pants pocket and exhaled slowly. He was kinda glad that Wallibear wasn't gonna be able to hang out today,  and,  well he'd never admit that to anyone,  obviously,  but he couldn't help but feel a rush of relief wash over him.

"I should get a coffee." Purpled thought to himself, he never really liked coffee, it always tasted bitter to him, like who enjoys bitter drinks, but he does need some caffeine to get him through the day.

Standing up from his seat on the couch, he threw on some random hood that he found lying around, it was purple with a small green alien ship embroidered on the sleeve. Punz bought it for him on his birthday, it was and still is his favorite gift from him.

Halfway through he noticed the darkening of the big clouds overhead, gray and menacing. It almost looked as if it would rain, and he hoped it wouldn't rain, especially when he didn't even pack an umbrella. But before he could really start considering the possibility of rain, he felt a small drizzle of water land on him. And the further he kept walking, the more it seemed to rain. At this point Purpled considered just heading home right about now, but he was already at the cafe, so he decided he might as well just stay for a bit until the rain calmed down.

Pushing the door open, he was hit with a wave of sweet scents, the most noticeable being the smell of coffee. Stepping up to the counter, he was greeted by the familiar face of Antfrost.

"Hey Purp! What can I get ya today?" Ant greeted him in a friendly voice, totally not because he had too.

"Could I get a double espresso, 16 Oz, extra shot." He bit his lip, hoping that he said it right, and to his relief Ant nodded and flipped the small iPad around for Purpled to pay.

After swiping his card, Antfrost swiftly pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it up to his ear, then lowered it down for a few seconds and called a name from the other room.

"I need you to finish his order, I gotta help Niki real quick." He hissed at Tommy, before running into the backroom.

"Hello, sorry for that." Tommy glanced at the order and stepped over to the coffee machine and turned it on, except it didn't turn on. It was plugged in, but it wasn't working, he banged on the machine a few times and still didn't hear it running.

"The coffee machine is not really working at the moment,  so if you want,  you can wait at one of those tables near the counter  and I can bring over your drink…." He sheepishly smiled.

Purpled wasn't opposed to the idea, it was mostly because he was bad at talking so he decided not to decline the offer. Nodding his head in response, he walked over to one of the tables the Brit was gesturing at. 

Throwing his bag onto the seat beside him, he unzipped it and pulled out a chromebook his highschool lent him. Might as well get some work done if he was forced to stay here because of the rain.

Leaning back in his chair, he glanced at the constantly changing clock at the side of the chromebook. 3:46 it read, 14 minutes and he still didn't get his drink. Normally he's a patient type of person, totally not because he's too scared to actually confront someone, but he felt like it was taking a little too long especially when no one else ever walked up to the front counter.

Then there was a tall figure approaching Purpled out of the corner of his eye, the familiar blond hair of one of the workers immediately caught his attention, his name tag displaying 'Tommyinnit'.

The loud patter of rain hitting against the window served as background noise to Purpled, especially when he forgot to bring his headphones. As if his day couldn't get any worse, he'd be wrong.

Tommy held the cup in his hand, his grip unsteady, all he had to do was give it to the person nearest to the counter. Simple. As he was nearing the table, his foot slipped on the wet floor, throwing him forwards. Spilling the drink all over the person that he was supposed to give it too.

"oH MY God, I am so sorry,   I did  not mean to  do thAT…." Purpled stared at the Brit in disbelief. His clothes that had been slowly drying, now went back to being soaked, but that was the least of his worries, right next to him sat his coffee stained chromebook and papers.

The Brit immediately started grabbing paper towels and shoving them into Purpled's hands, while grabbing a rag to clean up the mess he made. "I am  ACTually  fuckINg sorry." Tommy apologized again, "I can pay for another laptop." He glanced at the blank screened chromebook.

Purpled held the power button, praying it would turn on, but much to his dismay, it did not. He sighed and observed the sight before him. "I don't think it's broken, but I'll try again later." Purpled winced as he picked up the sticky chromebook and stuffed it into his bag. The papers he had were now soggy and brown, so he was gonna have to wait for them to dry before he could head out, great.

Outside, the rain calmed down and shifted to a light sprinkle. "I  DOn't know what happened,   I tripped  and  and.  Fuckin spilled the drink,  I  am  so   very sOrry…" Tommy gripped the rag tightly, the embarrassment washing over him was unbearable, all he wanted to do now was hide.

Purpled grabbed his papers and stacked them together, shoving them in his bag alongside his chromebook. "Uhh, don't worry about it, it's just a drink.. and some papers… and a chromebook…." Purpled's voice lowered to a whisper. To be honest, he felt so fucking miserable, like damn, all that time wasted on nothing, then his chromebook is possibly busted, plus all his papers were now ruined. Shoving down all the emotions that were hitting him at once, he sheepishly smiled and walked out the door.

Tommy headed back towards the counter and felt the eyes of Niki and Ant burning holes in his back as he marched into the backroom. "What the fuck was I doing,  like how the  fuck  did I comedically  slip  on water and spill coffee all over someone. He sighed through clenched teeth, hearing footsteps approach him from behind, he turned around and was met face to face with Niki.

"Tommy, don't beat yourself up over a common mistake. It happens to the best of us." She smiled, then handed the mop back to Tommy. "That still doesn't mean you can skip out on cleaning." She walked off and left Tommy standing there.

He gripped the mop tightly and followed after her.

//(1308 words)//

I am actually so sorry for the long ass wait, I was meaning to get this chapter out a while ago, but writers block hit me like a train.

And to add some more fuel to the fire, I got sick in summer, yeah I know, SUMMER.

Besides that, I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter, but before you leave think about it, Tom and Purp both have last hour english class, they don't know each other much, could they be in the sam-

No spoilers.....

Have a good day/night everyone!^^