•Tryouts•

It had been two weeks since Sebastian and I's argument in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class

It had been two weeks since Sebastian and I's argument in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. We had minimal contact with one another , only speaking when necessary in class. We shared every single class together which was rather frustrating because it made it difficult to move one from him and forget his existence.

However when I spent time with my friends I found it easy to deal with, I was thankful for them. More then words could express.

After classes everyone was running around quickly in a rush getting prepared for Quidditch try outs. I wasn't trying out this year. It wasn't that I didn't have interest in it, but it was simply the fact that I knew Sebastian was. If I was ever going to move on from our friendship I had to minimize our contact as much as possible. But it seemed almost impossible to do.

I made my way back to my dorm and sat on the edge of my bed, undressing from my uniform and dressing into something more comfortable.

I slipped on a black shirt sleeved dress that stopped just around my shins and I slipped on a green and black bustier too over it to pull it all together. I knew that Natty and Poppy wanted to do something after classes , I just didn't know what yet. I grabbed onto my robe and slid it over my shoulders, knowing it would still be chilly outside and possibly a littler dreary.

Imelda walked in, all dressed up in her quidditch captain uniform and I got up to walk out. "Are you going to watch try outs today? You knew Sebastian is going to be trying, you should come and support your house" she said.

I sighed inwardly "I don't think so Imelda, im going to be hanging out with Poppy and Natty" I said shortly as I leaned against my bed, knowing this conversation could go on for a bit.

She frowned slightly "I didn't think you'd miss out on Sebastian" she said nonchalantly "He's a fierce flyer like you".

I gritted my teeth to hold back my remarks. It's not like she knew what was going on between him and I. As far as she's concerned, him and I are still close friends. "I'm sure Ominis's support will suffice" I said, knowing full well that he would be there no doubt.

Imelda shrugged her shoulders slightly "Well, if you change your mind I'm sure he would be happy to see you sitting in the booths" she said as she walked out with her broom in hand. I waited a moment before taking my leave and making my way through the common room and out into the main hall. I saw Natty sitting by the fountain and I smiled at the sight "How were classes for you today?" I asked her as I took a seat next to her.

She smiled as she looked me up and down "You look quite nice! Sporting the Slytherin colors I see" she said with a chuckle. I laughed a little and nodded my head "I mean it is my house" I said .

"I had a good day today, my mother seems to have let up the reins on me this year so far and I just hope it stays that way" she said thoughtfully.

She looked up to the steps from which I had come to see Sebastian and Ominis making their way down the stairs. I swallowed the lump that appeared in my throat and met eyes with Sebastian. He nodded at me in acknowledgment as they passed us by and I couldn't help but watch him as he sauntered away. He walked with confidence and stood tall and proud. He truly was a handsome young man now, there was no denying it. I knew I wasn't the only one who had noticed it either, Imelda Reyes has been spending loads of time with Sebastian in class and Adelaide Oakes has been giving him puppy dog eyes for some time now.