•Quiet Talks•

After making my way back to Hogwarts I found myself searching for Sebastian at every corner but was unable to find him

My mind was reeling. Annister's words, the power when it was amplified at his touch. Knowing there was a way to use the magic in a way where no one was harmed and good was done. But how could good be done at the hands of dark magic? The dark magic embodied him, how was there a way it could be safe? I had to find out. I needed to know more, I yearned for it. But I needed to talk to Sebastian about it first.

I made my way inside the Undercroft and was relieved to see him standing by the fire by himself, arms crossed as he gazed into it thoughtfully.

Upon my entry, he looked over at me and he exhaled a breath he had seemed to be holding in. "There you are" he said as he walked over to me.

I was quick to throw my arms around him and he lifted me from the ground in a hug as he buried his face into my hair. "I missed you" I said to him softly as I leaned back and gazed up into his beautiful brown eyes. I found myself smiling and feeling ten times better just merely being in his presence.

"I missed you more" he said as he brushed some of my blonde hair behind my ear, kissing my head softly. "So tell me about it. What happened?" He asked me.

I frowned slightly, remembering what I needed to talk to him about and I slipped my robe off and leaned it over the back of a chair. I walked up to the fire and stared into it, trying to find the words. "He was surprisingly nice and well mannered. The tour went fine...but on the way to  Hogsmeade is when he broke the ice about our powers" I said, looking over at him as he came to stand next to me, listening carefully "He...he said there's a way to use the ancient magic for true good without hurting anyone like Isidora did. She was his great great aunt...and he has the same gift as I do, just like Isidora and Percival Rackham" I explained.

"How can that be?" Sebastian asked.

I shrugged my shoulders "Isidora must've had more then one sibling and that's how the family line continued. But the point is he says there's a way to use it for good like Isidora intended...a way to truly take pain and suffering and illness from people without it hurting them in the end...and he claims he knows how to do it through the magic he wields" I said.

Sebastian furrowed his brow "But the magic he wields is dark magic, but worse. We know what dark magic does to someone...from personal experience" he said, his eyes darkening as I knew his thoughts went back to his uncle. He turned to face me , taking my hands in his as he stared down at me "I know at one point I wanted you to embrace it Eden but times have changed and I don't want you anywhere near any of that".

I looked at the sincerity in his eyes and it practically pooled out of him. I knew he meant it, but what if what Annister said was true? What if there was a way to help people and cure sickness and illness and disease? What if I could cure Anne? What if I could take away Ominis blindness? My mind drifted back to my dreams, if I didn't embrace the darkness, it would try to claim Sebastian.