Part 1 (Mitsuki the Stealth Master)

"I have the feeling that I should have gone with them..." Kagura was referring to Boruto and Denki who had gone after Iwabe.

The schedule for their school fieldtrip included several planned activities. It was almost time to move onto the next one.

But the reason for Kagura's concern probably wasn't as simple as a schedule. The students weren't on their home turf, they were in the Village of the Mist. Apart from getting lost, there was also the possibility that they could encounter some sort of trouble.

If the local they chose to speak with wasn't well informed about the village, they might run into issues getting back with the group. That was likely his primary concern.

"Sarada, you said that me and Kagura should go over here, right?" Shikadai asked.

Sumire added, "That, and if Boruto-kun runs into trouble, he'll use one of his shadow clones to contact us... right?"

Both kids turned to Sarada for answers.

Sarada shrugged her shoulders in response. "Boruto's judgement is usually solid in times like these. Even though he's normally a bit lackadaisical..."

Sarada trusted that part of Boruto. When it came down to it, he was someone who would do whatever the situation required. The problem was that unlike others, he completely waisted that talent in everyday life applications.

"Ah, he's back."

At the unexpected voice, Sarada jumped. When she spun around, she came face to face with a smiling Mitsuki.

"How long have you been standing there?!"

Sarada had confidence in her ability to detect people's presence. Now that she polished the ability a bit, she could easily see through any half-baked attempt at hiding. But when it came down to Mitsuki, her confidence significantly dropped. Mitsuki was a quiet person who stood silently behind others. He was nearly impossible to detect in the first place.

"I've been standing here from the beginning. More importantly, it seems like Boruto is back so we should probably get ready to move out." Mitsuki pointed across the street.

And with the raising of his finger, Boruto came into view. He was weaving his way through the crowd in a small group with Denki and Iwabe.

At the sight of the boys sneaking through the crowds, it seemed like the onlookers were a bit confused.

"Sorry we came back late! We got tangled up in something."

"Tangled?" Kagura responded to Boruto.

But Shikadai interrupted before Boruto had the time to explain. "We're short on time here. Let's listen to what they have to say for themselves while we walk. Come on."

Kagura nodded his head in understanding and agreement. "Got it. I'll talk to the teachers over there, so you guys head out first." 

.  .  .

Despite Iwabe's return, he didn't say a word about why he left in the first place. There was no mistaking that his mysterious disappearance had something to do with his hatred for the Village of the Mist.

Sarada formulated a potential idea, but because Iwabe wasn't saying anything, she decided not to bring it up.

The one who ended up sharing the details was Boruto. "What a weird guy to run into. If we weren't there, it definitely would have turned into a fight."

Boruto explained that the man knew they were students from Konoha's academy and tried to get involved with them. Just when they were about to go at each other, a 'strong looking guy' stopped them. At least, that's what Boruto described him as.

The only thing that Sarada was worried about was Kagura's stiffened reaction to Boruto's account.

But there was no time to let that occupy her thoughts; the encounter directly after that demanded the attention of every brain cell she had.

.  .  .