Part 1 (Kagura's Smile)

After Chojuro's speech was over, Sarada called out to Boruto. They needed to hurry and get to the hotel.

"Come on, the school field trip rep shouldn't dilly-dally!"

"I know... jeez..."

"If you know, then hurry up and get a move on, slowpoke." Sarada followed him out of the room with a sigh.

But while she waited in the hallway to make sure everyone else left, she noticed something. Chojuro was caught up in a conversation with Kagura. And the atmosphere surrounding them was strange.

Once the conversation ended and Kagura stepped out, their eyes met unexpectedly.

"Sorry... I didn't intend to eavesdrop..."

Kagura smiled gently and shook his head. "Don't worry about it..." With that, he began walking forward. "Let's go."

Sarada noticed that his smile was likely akin to armor. Armor to protect himself. To avoid hurting those precious to him.

At least, that's the vibe Sarada picked up as she followed behind him.

...The same as Sumire, huh...

Strangely enough, Kagura's behavior reminded her of Sumire, a precious classmate that carried around a secret. His smile gave off the same energy. It was likely because she knew Sumire that Sarada even caught on to Kagura's behavior in the first place.

But unlike with Sumire, Sarada didn't have the ability to associate herself with or make assumptions about Kagura's private life. It hadn't even been a full day since they'd met. Besides, he was from another village anyways.

"Boruto wouldn't worry about that kind of thing at all though..."

So I should just leave that up to him.

At this point in time, Sarada had no idea that she would become involved in the perilous trouble surrounding Karatachi Kagura.