Taehyung Part 5

"That's completely insane!" Tae says in an accusatory tone

You shoot him a glare as you settle in next to him with your bowl of ice cream. It was Monday night and the two of you were choosing to spend the night watching a movie of Tae's choosing. Your weekend with Tae and his friends came to a bittersweet ending last night. Promises of meeting up for dinner every now and then had been exchanged before all of you parted ways. You had to admit, it was probably the most fun you had in a group setting in a long time. The lack of your own friend's presence is noticed, but you refuse to let that sour your good mood.

"No one genuinely enjoys mint chocolate chip ice cream." Tae comments, grounding you back into the moment.

"It's both delicious and refreshing. What's not to like?" You scoff out, debating whether you wanted to throttle a pillow at his head.

"It tastes like toothpaste." He says as his features twist with aversion.

Your expression deadpans before saying, "Have you ever tasted toothpaste? Mint chocolate chip is hardly similar."

Tae cocks a brow at you, a hint of judgment in his gaze.

Sighing, you ask, "Okay, so what's your favorite ice cream?"

Tae gives you a smug look before answering with, "Strawberry." You stare blankly back at him.

"You basic human being." You exclaim. Tae's eyes widen at your choice of words as you continue to speak. "Here I am with a solid flavor choice and you choose strawberry?"

In a defensive tone, Tae asks, "What's wrong with strawberry?"

You chuckle. "There's nothing wrong with it, but you're giving me crap about mint chocolate chip and then choose a basic flavor. You're one-third of a neapolitan combination."

The debate, in essence was childish and on more than one occasion you had wanted to stick your tongue out at him like a five year old. But aside from all of the playful chaos the two of you were having, it was lighthearted and fun. It felt natural to debate silly topics with Tae without the fear of being labeled as immature.

Tae narrows his eyes at you. "Well at least my flavor of choice has the opportunity for diverse combinations. Mint chocolate chip doesn't compare." He says with a huff.

The thought of flinging a pillow becomes more and more alluring, but you don't do that. Instead, you mutter out, "It's still basic."

With your lack of a snippy response, Tae sits beside you with a smug expression as you continue to eat your ice cream.

It was times like this that made you ease into your relationship with Tae. The two of you could exchange playful banter without it actually escalating into a full-blown argument. It was the bare minimum, if you were being honest, but it still filled your chest with warmth. After finishing your ice cream, Tae scoots closer to you, draping an arm over your shoulders to pull you closer to his frame. It still felt new to be experiencing this with Tae despite knowing each for quite some time. You ease any hint of nervousness from your mind, relaxing into his touch as the two of you continue to watch the movie. You debate on whether you want to lob a teasing remark about the movie's plot line to Tae. But as you glance over at Tae, taking note of how invested he was with the movie, you decide to keep the comment to yourself. Instead, you study his profile a little more carefully. He was truly beautiful, both visually and personality wise.