Jungkook Part 10

Jungkook felt a little nervous as he stepped into the meeting room at Zenni

Jungkook felt a little nervous as he stepped into the meeting room at Zenni. Well, it was in a building they were outletting temporarily until they officially opened up a branch, but regardless it was rather intimidating. A large table sat in the middle of it with a handful of people waiting for him.

Jungkook musters up some confidence as he takes a seat after receiving a warm welcome from them, their contract offer in hand. Y/n had meticulously gone over it, highlighting any details that needed to be discussed before he agreed to their partnership. It all felt very adultlike if Jungkook was being honest.

"Thank you for meeting with us." One of the women says, introducing herself as Julia. She hadn't looked much older than Jungkook himself which helped to temper down his nerves.

"Thank you for having me." Jungkook says warmly.

She gives a nod before saying, "Though this is an official meeting meant to discuss your potential partnership with us, I just want to say that there's no need to be nervous. We're a pretty laid back company who only wants our brand to reach a broader audience."

Her words seem to encourage Jungkook to exhale in relief, relaxing into the office chair he was seated in.

"We've seen your account grow and we've been interested in recruiting ambassadors who appeal not only to a younger demographic but also one that we haven't been able to successfully secure on our own, which is the gaming world." Julia continues to speak in a casual way. "We've recently launched a pair of unisex glasses meant to protect your eyes from blue light, which is why we want to have you on board with us."

Jungkook's lips pull into a smile. "I've looked over the contract and feel that your offer is amazing. Actually, my girlfriend looked it over since she's the pro at this, but I'm open to working alongside you all." Jungkook chuckles out the mention of y/n before finishing in a more confident tone.

A pleased smile crosses Julia's face as Jungkook hands over his signed copy of the contract. "Our accountant will square away the first payment as soon as we get your banking info. Aside from that, welcome to the family." Julia says warmly as the other members give him a welcoming applause.

Jungkook could feel his chest filling with excitement. After going over a few details with the accountant and Julia's secretary, scheduling when he's supposed to do an ad shoot, Jungkook heads out to meet y/n. He couldn't wait to tell her the good news.

*

When he gets back home, he finds y/n lounging on his couch, the remote precariously held in her hands as her eyes are glued on the screen, tears streaming down her face. He'd probably ask if she was feeling okay, but considering that she was rewatching P.S. I Love You, he knew better than to say anything at the moment. Instead, he crosses the room and plops down next to her, wrapping his arms around her as she continues to cry.

He can't help the small chuckle that vibrates in his chest as she says, "It's just so sad, you know? They were so perfect for each other, but so terrible too." A few hiccups interrupt her sentence as Jungkook rubs small, gentle circles onto her back.