Yoongi Part 14

*Disclaimer: this chapter will briefly include knife play

*Disclaimer: this chapter will briefly include knife play. No blood drawn will occur in this chapter, but I'm putting this disclaimer because knife play is not something you should do without an experienced partner or proper research. It is a dangerous endeavor to partake in and should be taken seriously. The portion of the chapter that includes knife play will not solely focus on it, but I felt the need to put in a disclaimer.*

Yoongi felt like he was being the reasonable person at the moment, but the way y/n's stare hardened into a narrow glare had him questioning otherwise. The argument–though Yoongi could hardly acknowledge it to be an argument since it was only y/n who was upset–had begun with a simple misunderstanding about his promotion. The very promotion that Yoongi was not accepting due to the fact that he found the relocation process pointless.

"I just don't understand why it never came up." Y/n points out.

Yoongi takes a steadying breath. He had a fairly shit day, so this was not helping the slight migraine forming in his temples. "Because it was hardly a viable option I was considering." He replies evenly.

Yoongi assesses the expression adorning her features. It was a mixture of disappointment and hurt, something he was trying to avoid ever since his less-than-perfect first meeting with her best friend, Mei. Yoongi felt like he was letting her down in more ways than one and can't seem to get on top of his shortcomings.

A hesitant expression flashes across her face as she asks, "Were you trying to keep it a secret from me?"

"Absolutely not." Yoongi replies intuitively. "It was a long forgotten thought by the time you found out." He admits.

Y/n's eyes look over his face, as if trying to find any hints of doubt or lies. Yoongi had been telling the truth. He had forgotten about the promotion for quite some time since he declined the offer over a month ago. His decision to remain in his current position was something he chose even if y/n wasn't in the picture. He had no good reason to relocate to Japan for a position that offered a salary that was only slightly more than what he was earning already.

Y/n nods her head as a faint blush colored her cheeks. "I just–I don't like lies and secrets." Y/n remarks in a soft voice.

Yoongi's even features shift into a softened expression, one he only ever wears in front of her. "I will never lie to you." Yoongi replies as he closes the small distance between them. His arms circle around her waist as he tucks her head under his chin.

"I know and I shouldn't have reacted that way." She breathes out. "I don't know why I've been feeling so odd lately." She says, her tone lighter than before.

A small smile tugs at Yoongi's lips. "Maybe you're just experiencing more stress than usual. I can be quite the handful." He jokes, an attempt to further lift her mood.

Y/n giggles. "I won't disagree with you there." She replies while relaxing into Yoongi's arms.

He holds her for a moment longer before pulling away to look her over. The once frustrated expression is replaced with a warm one, the very look that Yoongi adores most.