Raindrops and Secrets

(If you're not on mobile, I suggest listening to ambient rain sounds and the extended version Rose's Fountain from the SU soundtrack. That's what I listened to while I wrote, it really helps set the mood. Happy reading!)

Armin's eyes fluttered open. He looked around, where was he? Oh, that's right. He was at Eren's house. Armin's cheek was still propped against Eren's shoulder, Eren was still fast asleep. Armin sat up and stretched tiredly. His ribs ached and he realized he had fallen asleep in his binder.

I should probably take off my binder soon... Armin thought reluctantly. He got to his feet, and tiptoed out of the room, as to not wake Eren. Armin walked down the hall to the bathroom, the house was lit dimly by sunlight struggling to get through rainclouds as it sprinkled outside. It was deadly quiet except for the hums of the house, raindrops tapping the roof, and Armin's soft footsteps.

The bathroom door creaked as Armin opened and closed it behind him. He switched on the light and sighed, immediately flinching from the pain in his ribs. Armin pulled his shirt off and struggled with his binder for a minute. When he got it off he ran his hand across his ribs, there weren't any bruises, just a dull ache.

Armin put his hands on the sink and slumped over a bit and took a deep breath, trying not to focus on his reflection too much. He ran a hand through his bed-head and sighed again. I should've brought a sports-bra or something.

Out of the blue Armin heard the doorhandle click and stood in terror as the door swung open to reveal Mikasa. There was a second of silence where Armin stood in shock, staring at his intruder.

Armin opened his mouth to scream but not before Mikasa tackled him, clapping her hand over his mouth and kicking the door shut. Mikasa rose a finger to her lips. "Shhh!" She shushed him, her eyes darting frantically.

"Mmksa?" Armin said, his words muffled by her hand.
"Shhh!" She repeats. Armin follows orders and the only sound for a while is the raindrops tapping against the roof like little drums.

Finally Mikasa removes her hand from Armin's mouth.
"Are you transgender?" She whispers.
Armin hangs his head and nods.
Mikasa hugs Armin tightly. When she pulls away she looks into Armin's big blue eyes that were wide in shock. The corners of her mouth lifted in a subtle smile and she hugged him again.

"Some people are born into their bodies." She said softly, "And some people have to fight for theirs. You are so strong and brave, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Armin hugged Mikasa back, his heart full of light and hope. He couldn't even say a word, but that was okay, because he was sure Mikasa knew what he was feeling. When the embrace finally broke Armin smiled sheepishly. "Mikasa, do you have a sports-bra I can borrow? I slept in my binder and it kinda hurts now."
Mikasa nodded, "Yeah, I have one that will make you pretty flat, I'll be right back."

Mikasa left to her room quickly, leaving Armin standing awkwardly in the bathroom covering himself with his arms. She rushed back with the desired garment in hand. She shoved it, along with what appeared to be an oversized shirt into his arms.
"Change into these." She said and shut the bathroom door.

Armin pulled on the bra and was surprised at how well it compressed his chest. He slipped into the huge shirt and saw that his chest was practically invisible.

Armin thanked Mikasa graciously and returned to Eren's room. Eren's eyelids lifted a bit and he murmured something softly.

"Ar... min?" He said, his voice a sleepy purr.
Armin knelt down to the sleepy brunette and smiled softly.
"Good morning sleepyhead!"
Eren stared at Armin with droopy eyes and wrapped his arms around Armin's waist, pulling him down on top of him.