↬့◗Wanderer | Ramen and Wish 𓁹✰

Angst

Angst

I just need a friend

You know what makes ramen taste really amazing ? The broth and the fresh ingredients but my ramen is different from the other, well I make delicious broth also the ingredients are from great quality but that's not what makes my ramen taste special...

You know what makes ramen taste really amazing ? The broth and the fresh ingredients but my ramen is different from the other, well I make delicious broth also the ingredients are from great quality but that's not what makes my ramen taste special, the secret of my ingredient is wish. I can grant one wish for every customer that comes to me, I grant them through my ramen, and I can't believe it myself some people actually came here and try it.

A lot happens inside this kitchen who only has one chair for customer that came to talk about their problems. I've seen a lot of tears, joy and anger but that's what I love about doing my job, grant them their wish to make them happy, to let go of their painful feelings.

Unfortunately it has cost, every wish that I granted from a customer when they walk out of this place in a matter of second they will forgot that they've been here inside this place and never come back again, but as long as I make everybody happy and make them feel comfortable why not.

Today heavy rain was pouring down in Inazuma, I was standing in the kitchen looking outside through a window, then I heard the door to the kitchen being opened and I saw a boy not that short but not tall either, I can't see his face because he covered it with his blue round shaped hat with gold, he has no vision. He sit down on the chair and take off his hat, dark blue eyes is the first one that I saw from him.

[Btw, the kitchen looks like Komore tea house, and the chair is only one]

"What's your name ?" I ask him while heating up a pot with broth inside it. "Wanderer." I nodded and grab my noodle dough.
"So Wanderer, what makes you come here in heavy rain ?" He put his hat on the table and sigh.
"Your place attracted me to come here especially the name of this place, why you name it a bowl of wish ?"
I stop knead the dough and smile at him, "because everything that you wish for, I will make it happen." I continue knead the dough and grab my knife.

"Is it true ?" He asked, unsure about what I just said to him. "Yes, tell me what do you need ?" I cut my dough into long strips while listening to what he about to say.

"I just need a friend to talk to." I turn off my boiling broth and boil my noodles on the other stove.
"Well, I'm here you can talk to me." He give me a quick smile before he stare to the ceiling.
"Why ? you grant others wishes, can't you wish for yourself ?"
Since I open this place, no one ever ask me the question that he asked, something about him just felt different from the others.

"I can't, my ability is just to grant every wish except me."
I grab a bowl and put my noodles before I pour the broth. "After you grant their wish, what would happen ?"
I sprinkle chives on top, cut hard boiled egg into half and place naruto and chasu pork.
"They will forget about me and this place like it never existed and never come back."
I serve the bowl of delicious ramen in front of him and give him chopstick.
"Make your wish wanderer." He nods and close his eyes.

I wonder what he wish for...

He open his eyes and eat the ramen, I only stare at him in silence, looking at him while my mind wondering if I can make a wish for myself what would it be ? I... to be honest I just need a friend I can rely on and a friend I can talk to everyday but since I rarely go out from this place and every person that come to this place forget me, it was hard.

"Why you only have one chair ?" I came back to reality and smile to him, "To make my customer comfortable about telling their story, so they can pour their heart out." He drink the broth and I give him a cup of tea.
"You are really good at this." He drink the tea before he started to take our some mora from his pocket and I stopped him. "No it's okay, you don't have to pay."

"Bu-
"Thank you, I'm so lucky to meet you today and I hope you will find what you looking for." I smile at him and he mumbled something that I couldn't hear before he dissapear to the rain.

-

In the next morning the sun shines brighter in Inazuma, like the other day I only stay inside my ramen place reading a book sitting near a window. Yesterday memory suddenly hit me about the boy name Wanderer, I wonder what is he doing right now ? Or is he happy that his wish came true ?

"I hope you're happy wanderer." I smile and close the book, putting it on the table and a second after that the door opened but no one was there. "Come in ?" I walk to the door and a familiar figure standing outside, the boy from yesterday smile in front of me, "wanderer ?" He take off his hat, "we meet again Y/n."

Wait he remembers me ?

"How did you ? How ?" He walk inside and sit on the chair, I close the door and walk towards him.
"I want to remember you and this place forever that's what I wished. I don't want to foget a kind girl like you."
Tears stream down my face and he wipe it away with his hand, "I know it hurts to be able to help and heal others while you can't help yourself, so I'm here for you."
He stood my and hugged me while I was crying on his shoulder. "I found what I'm looking for and it's you Y/n."