Chapter Five- Tongue

Brooke stood on the field with Carlos beside her looking at the cones what she had set out

Brooke stood on the field with Carlos beside her looking at the cones what she had set out. He didn't like the look of this but if Brooke said it would help then he supposed he would give it a shot.

She smiled down at the smaller boy who looked like an innocent, nervous puppy, which was ironic considering who his mother is.

She stood in a pair of blue joggers and yellow top, while Carlos wore some black and red clothes.

"Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" Brooke wanted to start with these because she had seen Carlos run on the field yesterday and he was quite fast.

Carlos nodded his head, moving to the other end of the lines from where Brooke stood. He crouched down in a start position.

"Go!" Brooke yelled pressing the stop watch, she kept an eye on the time and glancing at Carlos.

"Oh! Ah! No, wait!" Carlos shouted as be ran faster than ever hearing the dog bark.

"Sweet!" Brooke stopped the time, but did a double take when she realized Carlos hadn't stopped, she heard him screen from far behind her and saw him waving his hands in the air running faster than she'd ever seen, but then she looked to see what he was running from.

A dog.

"Carlos! Carlos!" Brooke dropped the things in her hand and dashed straight after him following him into the woods. She lost track of him. "Carlos!" She called out hoping to hear him.

"Brooke!" She heard him yell and she turned right down a straight dirt path to see, Carlos standing on a tree log with the campus dog at his feet. "Brooke, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" Carlos yelled out grabbing the tree while pointing at the small dog at his foot.

Brooke picked up the dog making him lean up and try lick her face making her chuckle before she rubbed his back gently. "Hey, who told you that?" Brooke furrowed her eyebrows taking offence at his words pointing at her dog.

"My mother." Carlos stated like it was obvious, and now Brooke realized it should of been.

"Cruella." Brooke felt like slapping herself.

"She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer." Brooke let out a chuckle at his words. "Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" Carlos looked frightened for Brooke as the dog wagged it's tail in her arms.

"Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?" Brooke asked, realising that maybe they didn't have dogs on the isle, she didn't know. Although she would of thought Carlos's mum would of shown him.

"Of course not."

"Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is dude. He's the campus mutt." Brooke waved dudes paw with a smile as Carlos slowly calmed down.