Chapter 10

Never believe in people for they are the most selfish of all - Zodiac

"I believe an official congrats is in order." Lindsay says walking into Athena's office, which she still gets to keep even if she will be gone for a year. Athena smiled nodding her head as Lindsay walked towards her giving her a warm hug. "I always thought you were meant for something greater.'

"Yeah, you and the rest of this crime lab." Athena said as Lindsay pulled away, giving her a knowing smirk, one that Athena knew all too well. "Alright let's hear it, what's the bet?"

"What bet? I don't know what you're talking about, there is no bet." Lindsay denied as Athena rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right, I will believe that when I see it." Lindsay only gave a small smile in return.

"Oh yeah but I did have a reason to see you. Come on, we are heading for the morgue. Stella asked me to show you our three victims. And to show you some off the ropes while she finishes some paperwork." Lindsay said as the two of them made their way down to the morgue where Sid was busy doing an autopsy on the first victim who was badly decomposed, and an awful stench hung in the air. Athena covered her nose and mouth; it has been a long time since she has seen a body this badly decomposed. "You, okay?"

"Yeah, it has just been sometime since my last decomposed body." Athena said as Lindsay gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Trust me sometimes you never get over the smell." she said before turning her attention towards Sid. "Hey Sid, you got something for us?" he finally looked up, googles resting on his face and also a mask, probably to hide most of the stench.

"Oh, hey Lindsay." his attention switched over to Athena. "Athena, lovely to see you here. I heard the news, congratulations."

"Thanks Sid, still fresh and to be honest I'm still not believing it myself."

"Oh, I know the feeling. I remember when I first started off as a doctor, I was terrified I would kill my first patient but..."

"Sid." Lindsay said, cutting him off before he started to rant again.

"Right progress, sorry. Okay so the victim 's body decomposed, as you can see, and it might be difficult to identify who he is, but I can tell you he is a male from his bone structure but beyond that I'm still uncertain. I will send up any evidence I gather from him." he said before removing the goggles, so they now rest on his head, as he moved to the second victim who looks like he's been in the water for some time. "Victim number two, David Arthur, was shot twice, one in the heart and one in the head."

"He wanted to make sure he was dead." Athena said as Sid nodded his head.

"He dumped his body in the river hoping it won't flood to the surface, I found rocks in his chest, it was placed after he was murdered."

"Wait, the guy tried to weigh him down with rocks?" Lindsay asked as Sid nodded his head before grabbing a bag that was filled with rocks, small rocks.

"He sealed him up pretty good too, probably someone with a medical history."

"Or he just loved watching YouTube videos." Athena said, folding her arms over her chest.

"I send the bullets to Hawks for testing." he said before leading them to the third victim. He was also shot two times, one in the head and the other in the heart. "Victim number three, Michael Mageau. Also shot twice. With markings around his wrist and ankles."

"Right, he was bound to the chair when we found him in his apartment. The aircon was on. The killer probably didn't want the body to decompose that fast." Lindsay said as Sid nodded his head. Athena looked from the three bodies notching the pattern.