023💖

Megan knew how Michael was getting worse. She knew he was being more of a jerk lately and she hated it. She didn't even want a relationship with him anymore.

She felt like too much had happened between them to even consider being father and daughter. She knew she needed to focus on being a mum. She was having her own baby. And she wanted to be a better parent then what her own parents were.

Megan was thankful she had Tom. He was always there for her. He made her feel like she was worth something. She knew it wasn't easy. But she was glad he was there.

All she knew was that her life was a mess. And she didn't know how much more she could deal with.

When she woke that morning, she saw Tom sitting in bed. He smiled. "Morning. I've been thinking. Why don't we get away this weekend? I can book us a cottage together."

Megan nodded. She smiled. "I'd love that. I honestly would. I just feel like I need some time away from Rochdale. It's so horrid here."

Tom smiled. "I'll book it after work then babe. You sure you're okay?" He asked.

Megan nodded. "I'm fine. I just can't be bothered dealing with my father today," she admitted.

"I won't let him upset you. Okay?"

"Thanks babe."

•••
Megan went into school. She saw Grace and walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Grace nodded. "I'm fine. Just not in the best of moods today. I had a huge row with dad. And he told me he's going to ship me off to boarding school," she said.

Megan rolled her eyes and sighed. "He can't do that. He's just being an ass babes. Don't worry," she told her.

"I honestly don't care anymore. I'm done with this place. Max got offered a job. In London. And he's asked me to go with him," Grace said.

Megan's eyes widened. She looked to her. "London? Are you going to go?" She asked.

Grace shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. I just feel like maybe it would be best. Dad would get off my back. And I wouldn't have to see him."

Megan smiled. She nodded. "You have to do what's best for you. And if that's going to London, do it."

"Thanks."

•••
Megan walked into toms classroom. He loomed to her and smiled. "Hey you okay babe?" He asked.

"Max asked my sister to go to London with him. And I don't know how I feel about it. I want her to be okay. And have a life. But she's always been there for me."

Tom nodded. "I understand that baby. You just need to focus on yourself and the baby. Grace is a big girl. Let her make her own choices," he said as he kissed her.

Megan knew how Tom was right. She smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

•••
Megan saw Michael and sighed. She walked right past him. "Do I not even get an hello?" He asked.

"Leave me alone."

Michael looked to her. "Grace told me she's considering leaving. Imagine how disappointed I am. Both my daughter's ruining their lives."

Megan rolled her eyes. She sighed. "I don't care what you think. I am my own person. I'm happy with the choices I've made in life. And if you don't like that, get out of my life!" She yelled.

She turned and walked off. But could Megan and Michael ever get their relationship back on track?