Part 6

Sorry for short chapters I'm very busy :)

Looking at the Altean clock Lance decided that he should go to bed for the night. It had been almost a week since the team left on the undercover mission leaving them in the dust. Lance, being the amazing person he is, couldn't hate them because if they hadn't been jerks then he wouldn't have been able to bond with Coran or the red lion as he had. Tomorrow Lance wanted to surprise Coran with something as a thank you. There was a problem though, Lance had no clue on what to get his father figure.

'You could draw him something' Red suggested trying to be supportive.

'Yeah but that is what legit every child does for their parents.' Lance thought back, they had found out all Lance needed to do was think the thought he wanted to say to red, almost projecting it.

'That's my point, this could be your chance to let Coran know that you feel a parental bond with him, although you will forever be MY cub.' Red chuckled, Lance could feel Red smile in his mind.

'Oh yea, that makes sense.' Lance thought, this earned another laugh from his lion. He sat down at his desk in his room with a piece of paper and a pencil. That's when it struck him, Lance had no clue what to draw or how to draw. 'Quiznack'

'Language'

'StOp It MoM' Lance was slightly mocking the Red lion, but it backfired into the Red lion insisting that Lance called it mom. The Red lion won, it pulled the 'your my cub' card and Lance just kinda gave up. Back to drawing Lance decided to attempt to draw himself and the red lion with Coran on top of the red lion. He smiled as the pencil made the correct marks on the paper.

~

"So theoretically, if they already have parents I can have partial guardianship?" Coran asked the space law helper on the phone.

"Yes sir, we have been over this, you just need the child's permission." The tired operator sighed, they just wanted to go home and watch Be-Bo-Bi's show.

"So I can adopt the child legally if they sign the paper."

"Y e s." The operator wheezed out exhausted, this man had been on call for the last 5 Earth hours.

"Ok thank you!" Coran hung up and the operator passed out onto their desk.

"Now to get those papers..."

~

Lance finally finished the drawing, it was two stick figures, one had a mustache and was on a beautifully drawn cat, and the other was just standing next to the cat. Lance smiled proud of his handy work.

'It's beautiful.' Lance looked around before remembering about the Red lion being in his head and stuff.

'Can you even see it?' Lance questioned.

'Yea I can look through your eyes.'

'Oh'

'Give the drawing to Mustache.'

'That's a good idea, do you think he will like it?'

'If he doesn't I'll rip his spine out.'

'No-'

~

"I can't believe it's already been a week! I feel so refreshed!' Shiro said in pure happiness.

"This is so relaxing! I forgot how it was like to not be stressed!" Pidge exclaimed in joy, she didn't fully grasp the situation, she was 14 and had already forgotten they were 'undercover'

"I'm glad there's no distractions! I feel better than when I was on Altea!" Allura sighed with joy.

"Same, this is the life." Keith yelled from the water. The rest of the team connected with their families and were having a great time. Not one person thought of Lance.

~

"Coran! I wanna show you something!" Lance's voice echoed through the silent castle, Coran smiled as he tucked the papers under his arm. Lance came running into the bridge and accidentally slid and went flying into the glass. Coran may have laughed before checking on Lance, the Red lion however was full on wheezing in Lance's head.

"I made you something!" Lance cheered showing his drawing to Coran, who decided to hang it up in his room. The Red lion said something about liking the mustache man.

"Lance, I want to ask you something..?" Coran nervously asked, before pulling the papers out from under his arm. Lance looked to Coran with teary eyes.

"You want to adopt me?" Lance was very close to tears, Coran nodded and Lance quickly signed the paper. The pair both started crying.

~

~

~

"Sir there has been no sign of voltron for over a week. It's just been the Red lion..?"

"Plot a course for the ship, let's see if any kitty's come out to play..."