Part 7

The next few days were a blur, Lance and Coran finished the paperwork and now Lance was officially the son of Coran. Red and Lance both trained their bond, so far the only thing Lance has gained so far is being able to withstand high temperatures. The castle was flying aimlessly in space when an unfamiliar black, yellow, and purple ship appeared in front of them.

"What is that!?!" Lance screamed, "It doesn't look like a Galra ship!"

"It's attempting to make contact, should we answer?" Coran turned around, looking back to Lance who was stationed at the bridge, driving the ship.

"Why are you asking me?" Lance questioned.

"You're driving." Coran dully responded.

"Oh yea, sure, accept the call, should I have my Altean marking out?" Lance sighed, jumping down from the driving station and approaching Coran.

"No, not yet, don't unless needed." Coran said before accepting the call. The video connected and Lance made eye contact with a slightly less purple Galren general from the looks of it. They had long white-silverish hair and had yellow eyes. Lance felt as if they had a more Altean vibe from them, it was weird.

"Hello Paladins- er Paladin? Is there just one of you? I thought there were like five." The unknown figure monologued seemingly unaware of the fact that they could hear him.

"Prince Lotor, according to our data there are five paladins of Voltron." An off screen person reported. Lance and Coran shared a look, 'Prince'?

"Ah ok, anyways, I am Prince Lotor son of Zarkon. Hand over Voltron or else."

"Yeah no." Lance says, ending the call.

"Fillius you idiot."

"I learned Altean, I know you call me your son."

"Quiznack."

~

"Did they just hang up on us?" Lotor screeched like a little girl, he was clearly upset.

"Uh, it appears so sir." One general shyly spoke up.

"Fire on the castle. I want that paladin in the prison cells." Lotor pouted.

"..Sir? Are you sure about this?"

"YES"

~

"Coran, activate the shield's, I will take the Red Lion to fight them." Lance said running out leaving Coran to drive the castle.

"Why did Allura have to leave? Oh yeah cause she's a bi-"

~

"Come-on red we got this!" Lance shouted.

'Sure' Came the sarcastic reply.

"...Ok." Lance responded, a little tired of Red's sass. He sat down in the pilot seat as the cockpit around him powered on. The Red lion flew from its place in the castle entering space, Lance looked at the foreign ship. The rest of the paladins weren't here, so he had to win, no pressure.

There definitely was a lot of pressure.

He's got this.

Grabbing the handles of the Red Lion he flew closer to the ship that had just started open fire. Coran upped the shields and Lance went in for a closer look. The ship looked Galren- yet it had a more modern vibe from it. The ship then noticed Lance and fired on him, thanks to the Red lion's speed only one or two hit them. Lance maneuvered the Red lion in almost a dance whilst avoiding the shots fired. He thought about how much he wished he didn't have to do it alone, he was angry and he knew it. That's why they made the plan. Revenge. Lance felt light headed again, he had a vague sense of Deja Vu from Theteric...

'It seems you have once again paused time my cub.' Red murmured through the link they both shared.

"Well let's take advantage of this!" Lance noticed that the only thing moving was himself, the shots that had been fired moments earlier were frozen in space. Lance decided to think about that later, the Red lion's claws were used to take down the sides of the ship, exploding it. To finish it off he fired a beam from his lion's mouth to the ship. He felt a sense of relief before the headache he had been experiencing faded.

The shots frozen started moving, Red was able to dodge them quite simply. The foreign ship, once time had fully restarted, teleported away to who knows where. They returned to the ship to attempt controlling this power.

~

"What the quiznack just happened!?!" Shouted Prince Lotor at the poor crew.

"It seems as if the Red Lion just..Teleported?" Acxa said.

"But how? No past paladin could? What is this guy doing differently?!?"

"Sir it seems that this paladin was alone this whole fight." A crew member informed the generals and the prince.

"Only one kitty? I thought there were five?" Ezor questioned.

"He beat us so easily! Oh I'm gonna-" Zethrid was cut off by prince Lotor raising his hand.

"Hmm, only one? It seems they left Red all alone... would be a shame if we were to team up with this lone paladin..." Lotor smirked, they all knew he now had a plan.

"What do you mean Lotor?" Acxa spoke up.

"It means if we get this lone paladin to help us, who seemingly is better at using his lion than the past ones, on our side... We would have a spy IN Voltron and a power house who would work with us... Imagine this, we get this kid on our side and start saving planets from the galra- spreading rumors of the old paladins, turning the universe against them and the Galra and to us. Then we use their resources they will most likely give us to take down my father and gain control of both the Galra and Voltron! Now all I have to do is get Red on our side..." Lotors laugh filled the ship, his generals couldn't help but admit it was a somewhat decent plan.

"Just you wait Red...."