Iron Man: Part One

Then she gasped.

Rhiley took a sharp inhale, jolting awake.  Her arms flared around trying to grab onto something, anything to keep her from falling into the abyss. When that doesn't work and she ends up on the floor tangled in sheets. Silence follows close behind.

She was now frozen, heart-racing. The lights above made Rhiley squint, unable to handle the brightness. Overwhelmed with questions, and the need to check her own pulse to make sure she was not actually dead.

Rhiley freezes when she realizes she was not where she was before. How had she ended up in this room? For a moment her mind draws a blank. Was she dead? Had she just been merely knocked out and taken prisoner? Looking down at the white pants that covered her legs along with the white t-shirt, she realized, perhaps, she was in a hospital. Had Steve, Peggy, or even Clover rescued her from an awful fate?

The door opened and a nurse walked in, a surprised expression on her face. "You're awake." the blonde with brown eyes frowned when she noticed Rhiley sprawled on the floor. 

"Where am I?" Rhiley asked, on guard, she tensed the moment the nurse took another step. "Who are you?"

"You can call me Rose," The nurse smiled, "I'm not gonna hurt you."

Rhiley stared for a second as she untangled herself from the sheets, "Where am I?" She asked again, finding herself unable to hide the panic in her words. "Where is my brother?" She needed to find Howard.

"Brother?" Rose questioned, looking down at her chart. "Who is your brother?" She asked looking back up at Rhiley.

Rhiley furrowed her eyebrows, "Really?" She asked, "Howard Stark? The Howard Stark? The famous scientist? He must have visited me, what is this bullshit? Where am I?" Her guard up, she backs up, glaring daggers at the nurse. "What do you want from me?"

"We just want to make sure you're safe, miss" Rose whispered, trying to calm the young patient, "You've been asleep for quite a while, you may be a little confused, a little disoriented. That'll be normal. Your limbs may also be a bit weak."

"Where's Howard?" Rhiley clenched her teeth, hands in fists, "I'm not gonna ask again."

"Let's start over," Rose smiled, "What's your name?"

Rhiley blinked, "You-" she relaxed her fists, "You don't know my name? What-" She shakes her head, "I'm leaving."

Rhiley moves but is taken back slightly when the nurse moves with her, "We can't allow that," She states.

"So, I'm a hostage?" Rhiley's eye twitched.

The nurse goes to speak but at that point, Rhiley had enough, and the nurse's nose cracks beneath her fist. Rhiley takes this time and barges out of the room.

She stops suddenly, finding herself standing in a much larger room.

She must have gotten taken by Hydra. "Wait!" A man jumps in front of her, his hands in front of him in defense. Where had he come from?

"Get out of my way before I make you." Rhiley finger twitches. She takes a step back. 

"We aren't going to hurt you."

Rhiley snorts, "Then where is my brother? Where am I? And who are you?"

"Who-"

"Howard Stark," The nurse answered as she came stumbling out of the small room, her hand on her nose and another on a gun. "She's saying that's who her brother is."

"Twin actually," Rhiley gaze snaps from the gun to the woman to the man, "Where am I?"

"You need to understand something," The man begins carefully, he takes a step forward but stops when Rhiley takes a step back, "You've been in a coma for a very long time."

"Sure," Rhiley rolled her eyes sarcastically, "If you're just gonna lie to me and continue to keep me here against my will, I'll just leave." She flicks her hand at him, expecting him to be flung out of the way. But when nothing happens. Rhiley is stuck there looking like an idiot staring down at her hand. "What did you do to me?" She shouts.

"We didn't do anything," The man tries to reason, "And we are not holding you against your will, we are trying to keep you safe." He takes a moment and then continues, "You say your brother is Howard Stark correct, then what's your name?"

"If you are trying to protect me, then you are on my side." Rhiley felt vulnerable, more so than ever before, "Then you should know who I am."

"You need to understand. We found you when we found him-" He stops suddenly.

"What were you gonna say?" Rhiley comments, voice trembling in anger, "Who else do you have?"

"That's confidential," The nurse spoke up.

"Unless you want your eye sockets broken next," Rhiley hissed, "I suggest you shut up."

"There's no need for violence," The man interrupts, "When we found you, we found someone else who was located in a plane-"

"Steve," Realization dawns on Rhiley's face, "Steve Rogers, where is he now?" Hope filled Rhiley's words.

"He's safe too," The man reassures, "He hasn't woken up just yet, unlike you," He explained, "So you know Captain America? What was he like?"

"Agent Coulson," The nurse snapped, "Stay on track."

"She isn't harmful," Agent Coulson responds, looking over at Rhiley, "How can I get you to trust me?"

"Take me to Rogers."