Iron Man: Part Two

"She's been staring at him for the last couple of hours, sir." Agent Coulson explained over the phone. Watching the young woman through the two-way mirror. She sat in a chair beside Captain America's bed. He hadn't taken his eyes off her. "She's confused, but so are we -- no, I don't think she's Hydra -- she knew Captain America -- no -- no she didn't act like he was an enemy, she acted like he's her friend. She's scared." Phil added the last part mostly for himself.

He studied the woman. She moved slowly examining her fingers. "Yeah, that's what she claims -- do I believe her? Well, we don't have any records of there ever being another Stark but --" He paused, "Why would she lie about this?"

"How should we get her to trust us?" Phil continues, "I'm pretty sure she thinks we kidnapped her -- sure, she's gonna find out eventually -- I'm afraid that'll just make her a bit more -- she punched a wall when she saw Rogers -- no -- that didn't make him wake up -- he's a heavy sleeper." Phil paused, "You want me to do what?"

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking -- why me? Don't we have another Agent who can -- of course not sir, I'm not questioning you at all, it's just --" Phil removes the phone from his ear and looks down at it.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Phil hadn't even realized the young woman had left the room.

He puts his phone away, "He's still alive, that's all that matters right now."

"I need to see my brother" Rhiley looked up at him, this time not as a demand, but a plead. A look Phil would not be able to get out of his mind.

He pierced his lips together, trying to find the right words. "There isn't really an easy way to tell you this."

Phil watched Rhiley's expressions change

Phil watched Rhiley's expressions change. She watched the screens flash video footage and photos, she couldn't even begin to process what she was watching. "This-" She folded her arms across her chest, "This isn't possible." She muttered her breath catching in her throat.

"We found you frozen in ice at the bottom of a ravine." Phil explains, "A few weeks before we found Captain America."

Rhiley looked over at Phil, "Steve."

"That was a while ago," Phil moves on, "A lot has happened since."

"What year is it?"

"2010."

Rhiley sucked in a deep breath.

"I know this is a lot to take in"

"It's more than a lot," Rhiley cuts Phil off, "I don't know you, frankly, I don't trust you. How am I supposed to trust all this." She gestured towards the computer screens, "For all, I know this could all be -" She waves her hands around trying to find the right set of words. "Fake." She was too tired though.

"Come with me." Phil sighed, hoping he would be able to put this off for now. He could tell the young woman would be hard to convince. Though, he too had been skeptical of the woman who woke up claiming she was the sister of Howard Stark.