Violet Evergarden

It's a human weakness. We tend to test others to reaffirm our worth. - Caittlyn 

Review

        I remember hearing about this anime from one of my friend back in 2018 when it aired. She was sold on this one. For some reason, I told her I'll watch it later. And I watched it this year back in March. I do believe it was a time I needed to see this anime. This is one of the most scenic anime I've ever watched. Every scene, every frame was so freaking gorgeous! Like you can just be sold from the scenes they drew and animated. At the same time, that plot! Like 2018 show, Violet is a child soldier they wanted to discard but the major in command of Violet didn't let that happen. He arranges Violet to get a job in a postal company his friend/soldier-in-arm established. Back then, people also needed somebody else to type the letter. And Violet was emotionally illiterate. Words, have nuances. Human express things in so many ways, without using related words. I am from the generation, who had seen letters getting lost. Post 2005 generations in my country, probably been writing letters only in exam halls. The letters that can have so many emotions, we've only heard about. Watching this anime, I'd felt those emotions. Every time someone told Violet to write something, each of the person's whose story we keep seeing through those letters, were evocative. Plus, the soundtracks! Trust me, I got goosebumps in some of the music. They were so tone-rich and soothing and heart-rendering! 

Okay, spoilers ahead. Proceed only after watching the movie released in 2020. 

Okaaaaaay, I mean what is THIS????? WTFUDGE was that? I have never been this much frustrated on an ending!!! I mean, the major is alive, okay, got it. I am happy! I am even happy that they are both reunited! I feel EMOTIONALLY FULFILLED! But rationally? My brain keeps screaming, Violet is the age of major's knee!!! (Direct translation of a proverb we say in our country). Like I get it! Back then, those were common relationships; yet I have half a mind to get inside the screen and slap the major Bougainvilla's cheeks off! Oh and btw, I do adore him! He is a massive green flag! Albeit a coward at some point but Violet is 18!!! Major, you're 33! Your one hand is already in the grave. I fangirled so freaking hard here and was conflicted that much in here. (It's just my personal values and reasons; for which I dislike age gap) And also another reason - Major, why were you acting like a teenage kid!?!?!?! "Don't cry, Violet! I'll cry too!" 

    Cause who the fudge will take responsibility of me wanting to get married to a freaking decade older than me guy after watching this? I mean, who goes, "Don't cry! I'll cry too!" We no longer have men like this now!!!!! 

To summarize, Watch it, have fun, curse sometimes, get your yearly almost heart attack, whatever! Peace!